We all have days that are considerably more challenging and stressful than others.
Unfortunately, stress is hard on both the mind and body. I know, because I’ve lived it. That’s why I am sharing my top 10 ways to reduce stress.
Too many high stress days can really take its toll. And what’s worse, you could even become so used to being in this “high state of alert” that you start to feel like it’s normal! Don’t let this happen to you.
It’s not normal and its not acceptable.
It’s important to develop some techniques that help you relieve stress and strengthen your self-soothing abilities.
When you’re struggling to stay calm, relaxed, and focused, try some of these 10 ways to reduce stress:
- Breathe deeply. Breathe in for 5 seconds and hold it for 5 seconds. Now exhale for 5 seconds. Do this 10 times and focus only on your breathing. These breaths should only be slightly larger in volume than a normal, relaxed breath. I was amazed to discover how effective deep breathing ( from my diaphram) is to reduce stress. It may seem simple, but it REALLY works.
- Take a walk. Practice the breathing technique above during your walk, focusing on your breathing, walking, and surroundings. Nothing else should enter your mind. If your mind insists on wandering to non-productive thinking, you might have to simply keep repeating, “Taking a step” to yourself over and over. Add mindfulness during your walk by really paying attention to the sights and sounds around you…the chirping birds, the clouds in the sky, the cool breeze. It all contributes to making my regular morning walks one of my top 10 ways to reduce stress.
- Get some exercise. Any time of day is a good time to exercise ( but I personally prefer early morning hours to start my day with exercise). Comfortably tired is what you’re looking for. Work out your frustrations by going for a power-walk, a run or swim. Hit the weights and show them who is boss. Break out with an exhilarating Zumba routine. Any exercise will do as long as there is some intensity involved. Shuffleboard isn’t going to cut it.
- Sit outside. A little time at the beach or park can work wonders. Find a relaxing spot with pleasant scenery. Pay attention to what’s going on around you and keep your mind off your challenges. Even 10 to 15 minutes can greatly reduce your stress. There is nothing more soothing that a gorgeous sunset. I treat myself to this “stress-reducing gift” from nature as often as I can. Add it to your list of 10 ways to reduce stress. Best of all: It’s FREE!
- Take a day off. Everyone needs a break once in a while. However, on your day off, it’s important to avoid just sitting around and brooding about all of your current difficulties. Take your mind off of things and have some fun. Lose yourself in activities that you enjoy.
- Find something engrossing to read. The ideal book would be able to take your mind off of things for a few hours. Ask your friends for some recommendations, or if you’re like most people, you probably have a couple of books on the shelf that you’ve never gotten around to. Now is the perfect time to read it.
- Listen to music. Again, it should be something engrossing that really captures your attention. Don’t be afraid to get up and dance; no one is watching anyway. And even if someone is watching, getting up and dancing will plummet your stress almost instantly. If you’ve never tried it, you don’t know what your missing. There’s a reason I have music on my list of top 10 ways to reduce stress. It works!
- No phone and no computer. Turn off everything that connects you to the outside world. Then you can really relax. Stay offline for as long as you can. This is easy for me, bit may be harder for you. But learning to unplug is vital to re-energize and stay balanced. This is the only item on my list of 10 ways to reduce stress that EVERYONE must do regularly (e.g. very night after 8pm)! I think it’s just that important.
- Take a nap. There’s no better way to start over than to take a nap. When you wake up, it feels like another chance to start your day over. What happened before your nap is in the past! Now you can deal with it and move on.
- Hang out with people that are fun. Get the gang together and meet for a drink. Or have dinner with the friend that always makes you laugh. It’s easy to get caught up in our own little world. Being with others can jolt you out of that perspective.
Don’t let high stress get you down. The key is to actively do something about it, and these 10 ways to reduce stress are proven and tested. They work!
Some people develop a habit of being paralyzed when things start going sideways, but this does nothing to make you feel better or solve your stressful issues
Actively relax so you’ll be better able to tackle your challenges. Use mt list of top 10 ways to reduce stress to minimize the pressure and anxiety you’re feeling and take control of yourself and the situation.
Dealing with your challenges effectively is crucial to living the peaceful life you deserve, starting today!
I don’t want your education on easy, effective, enjoyable stress management strategies to end here, so I’ve created a FREE eCoursee to teach you how to put your own lasting stress relief system in place in only 10 days!
Click below to register NOW! It’s FREE.
The post Top 10 Ways to Reduce Stress Quickly appeared first on Stress Management Activities.
This post first appeared on Stress Management Activities - Stress Management A, please read the originial post: here