The name is synonymous to hate-rate, Terror and fear. Here are some more facts about the Terrorist Organisation-
1. Lashkar-e-Taiba is also known as the Army of the Righteous or army of pure or army of good. Ironical much?
2. LeT represents greatest threat to regional and global security, second only to al-Queda.
3. It was founded in Pakistan in 1980s and is generously supported by Pakistan’s ISI, as a proxy in it’s conflict with India.
4. LeT has well developed infrastructure running schools and social services throughout Pakistan. They are responsible for terror attacks in Afghanistan and India.
5. The terror organisation has noted it’s presence in some twenty one countries.
6. LeT was responsible for 26/11 attacks in Mumbai which killed 180 innocents in Mumbai in 2008.
7. This is the symbol of the terrorist organisation. The Quran signifies the centrality of Islam to Laskhar-e-Taiba’s ideology and highlights the group’s goal to establish an Islamic caliphate in Kashmir and India. The Quran is depicted in green, a color that has represented Islam since the days of the Prophet Muhammad, while the sun represents the wisdom and righteousness that comes from the Quran. The rifle and the Quranic inscription above it symbolize Laskhar-e-Taiba’s commitment to violent jihad to establish a society based on Islamic precepts.
8. LeT leader Hafiz Saeed has embraced the idea of spreading violent jihad across the globe, specially in countries- Israel, U.S. and India.
Every Indian Should share it :)