If you have no idea how to correctly remove CyberLink PowerDVD in Windows, here is your chance to learn.
CyberLink PowerDVD is a media player for Microsoft Windows that has several editions such as “Ultra” “Pro” and “Standard.” All of them supports the viewing of DVD. The Ultra and Pro editions support Blu-ray playback, including the playback the playback of Blu-ray 3D content.
PowerDVD is distributed on physical media or by download from the CyberLink official site. It is often bundled with a variety of PC (Sony) systems and peripheral devices (particularly optical drives).
In this article I’ve provided three methods for you to Remove Cyberlink Powerdvd, just enjoy the browsing. If there is anything I’ve missed, leave your comments, letting me know how to improve this page.
How to Uninstall Connectify? How to Uninstall VLC Media Player?
Method 1: Remove CyberLink PowerDVD through its Uninstall.exe
1. Open the File Explorer: click the Folder icon on the taskbar (or right-click on the Start and select File Explorer)
2. Open the Disk that you installed the CyberLink PowerDVD program (right-click the program icon and select properties to find out), and successively open Program Files (x86) > CyberLink > PowerDVD16.
3. Double-click the Uninst.exe file under the said folder, and the uninstall will begin.
4. During the uninstall process, you’ll be asked “Would you like to keep your personal settings for PowerDVD?” If you plan on a reinstallation, then click Yes, otherwise click No.
5. Once the above process is done, execute “regedit” via the Search field on the taskbar to open the Registry Editor.
6. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\, if you can see a folder named CyberLink, delete it to completely remove CyberLink PowerDVD. But if there is any other CyberLink products installed on your PC, skip this, or they could malfunction.
7. Restart your computer to take effect.
Method 2: Remove CyberLink PowerDVD through the Programs and Features
1. Right-click on the Start and select Programs and Features, where you can see clearly what programs you’re having on this machine.
2. In the list, locate and double-click CyberLink PowerDVD to activate the built-in uninstaller, and the removal will begin right away.
3. During the uninstall process, you’ll be asked “Would you like to keep your personal settings for PowerDVD?” If you plan on a reinstallation, then click Yes, otherwise click No.
4. Once the above process is done, execute “regedit” via the Search field on the taskbar to open the Registry Editor.
5. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\, if you can see a folder named CyberLink, delete it to completely remove CyberLink PowerDVD. But if there is any other CyberLink products installed on your PC, skip this, or they could malfunction.
6. Restart your computer to take effect.
Method 3: Remove CyberLink PowerDVD with A Trustworthy Tool
I believe most users would yearn for an easier approach to remove CyberLink PowerDVD, as well as remove some other stubborn software & potentially unwanted programs, without worrying the different operations in different versions of Window.
Followed each serial number there are the buttons you’ll need to go through, and the description below is just for you to have a better understand of what you’re doing.
1. Download & install Max Uninstaller.
It’s a small-sized tool, so the installation would be finished within a minute.
2. Run Analysis > Complete Uninstall.
Open Max Uninstaller, and you will see clearly what programs you’re having on the computer. Find & select CyberLink PowerDVD as your target, then click Run Analysis to scan for all the related files. > review the list, keep the items checked, and hit Complete Uninstall to confirm the removal.
3. Scan Leftovers > Delete Leftovers.
Now you’re deleting its vestiges. Click Scan Leftovers when it turns to green, review the list of the vestiges to be deleted, keep them checked, and hit Delete Leftovers to completely remove CyberLink PowerDVD from your PC.
When it tells you the program has be removed, you can directly close Max Uninstaller, or click Back to Step1 and check whether it has gone. Watch this video to quickly know the whole process:
3 Alternatives for CyberLink PowerDVD
Though CyberLink DVD is one of the most powerful DVD players, it may have a few setbacks and you are forced to find suitable alternatives as per you needs. Therefore, the need for three alternatives to help make your mind on which player you’d readily replace it with:
1. VideoLAN VLC Player
It tops the recommendations as the most used alternatives and quite a number of users are quite satisfied with its features over any other Player. Among the outstanding features are speed, its simplicity and strength as a media playing app.
2. BS DVD Player
It is a user-friendly and easy-to-navigate kind of Player and easily replaces the PowerDVD because it is more interactive.
This player, as many of the other Players, supports a wide range of the useful and popular formats, and has an attractive and sleek user interface. But what would draw you to it are its “above the shelf features,” one of them being the ability to save your settings and not alter them when you are next listening to your music or watching your movie.