- 1/2 – Unwaxed Organic Lime (To Taste)
- Half a Hand Full Fresh Mint Leaves
- 3 Tea Spoons Caster Sugar (To Taste)
- Dash of Soda Water
- 50ml of a Good White Rum (Bacardi)
- Ice (Crushed is Best)
There are many versions of the a mojito but this is your bog standard one and in my opinion the best one, However I partial to English mojito where you replace the rum with gin and the Soda Water with tonic water. Defiantly give it ago if your feeling adventuress.
- Start by getting yourself a solid glass or jug to mash and muddle all the ingredients together in. As if you mash and muddle anything like i do you’ll almost certainly end up being rather overzealous with mashing and smash the glass…… we do not want this! So don’t ignore the solid glass direction people!
- Next cut your lime into four slices and pop in into the glass with the caster sugar, using a cocktail muddler, muddle the lime and sugar together.( If you don’t have a cocktail muddler a small rolling pin or spoon will be fine)
- Now roughly rip your mint leaves, rub them around the top of the glass then add them to the sugary paste already in the glass. Use the cocktail muddler or a spoon gently push the leaves to the bottom of the glass.
- Now half fill your glass with ice and pour in the white rum. Fill the rest of the glass with ice then top up the with soda water, pop a straw in,give it a little stir and congratulate yourself on making a fantastic Mojito.
The post Mojito appeared first on One Mans Kitchen.