- 1 cup of Basmati Rice
- ¼ cup of split green mung dhal with skin or yellow mung dhal
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- 5 ½ cup of hot water (Add more if required)
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 heaped tablespoon of cumin seed
- 1 heaped tablespoon of mustard seed
- 1 heaped tablespoon of fennel seed
- ¼ teaspoon of asafoetida (Hing)
- Wash rice and mung dhal 3 times until water is clear
- Soak for 30 minutes
- Heat ghee in a pot and add cumin, mustard & fennel (Ghee has to be fairly hot).
- Allow to splutter for 30 seconds
- Fold in rice and mung dhal
- Stir in salt, turmeric and hot water
- Bring to boil
- Lower the heat, cover and cook till the water evaporates for about 55-60 minutes till the kitchari is soft.
- Serve hot
Tip: Use thick bottom or non-stick pan.
The post Kitchari Recipe for Detox Panchakarma & Change of Season appeared first on Ayurvedic Wellness Centre Pty Ltd.
This post first appeared on Ayurvedic Medicine & Massage Bondi Junction | Ayur, please read the originial post: here