Here is a time lapse tutorial showing how I paint a typewriter in transparent Watercolor.
(Link to YouTube video)
1. Graphite pencil drawing on watercolor paper (
2. Large areas of light tone
3. Drop darks into wet tone.
4. Paint around highlights.
5. Define major planes.
6. Dark areas
7. Background color
8. Blue (Payne's Gray) and dark brown (sepia)
9. Freehand straight lines.
10. Spaces between rows of keys.
11. Use brush for other details.
12. Front planes of keys.
13. Top planes of keys.
This original painting will be sold in a couple months as part of a sketchbook exhibit in Singapore arranged by Bynd Artisan and Erwin Lian, who created the Perfect Sketchbook.