Unless you’re a passionate follower of movie star salaries, a list of the highest-paid actresses in Hollywood might include some surprising names. For example, in the list recently released by Forbes covering the time scale between summer 2016 and summer 2017, the highest-paid actress on earth at this time isn’t the star of a massive blockbuster like Wonder Woman, but instead Emma Stone. whose role in La La Land was probably the most lucrative of her career, not to mention of her other 2017 movie star peers. Here’s the list:
10. Amy Adams: $11.5 Million Adams has found success balancing parts in giant studio hits just like the upcoming Justice League (in which she reprises her role as Lois Lane in Man of Steel and Batman v Superman) and smaller, more artistically focused features like Arrival and Nocturnal Animals.She can afford it, with $11 million earned over the year, making her the 10th highest paid actress in the world.
9. Julia Roberts: $12 Million
Julia Roberts’movie star heyday might be behind her, but because of generous royalties from her catalog, in addition to lucrative Lancôme, helped earn her $12 million this year.
8. Cate Blanchett: $12 Million
Blanchett is another expert in the exact same balancing act Amy Adams specializes in, having recently starred in the indie darling Carol, but later this season earning a comparatively large payday in the massive Marvel blockbuster Thor: Ragnarok.
7. Charlize Theron: $14 Million
Theron’s recent star turn in Atomic Blonde wasn’t just an acting gig, she developed it as a producer for five years to be able to have it made. It hasn’t been a package office smash, but she has lots of endorsements and other jobs to fall back on, and everything stumbled on a wholesome $14 million for the year.
6. Emma Watson: $14 Million
Emma Watson’s first time on this top ten list is thanks to her roles in The Circle and, most of all, the billion-dollar grosser Beauty and the Beast.
5. Mila Kunis; $15.5 Million Kunis pulled in plenty for her role in Bad Moms, which has a sequel currently in development, and unlike most of the other actresses on this list she also has a regular gig on TV – voicing Meg on Family Guy.
4. Melissa McCarthy: $18 Million
Melissa McCarthy, on another hand, used to be on the CBS sitcom Mike and Molly, which recently ended its run. But she has lots of high-paying movie jobs on the docket, that will hopefully console her about her Saturday Night Live alter-ego Sean Spicer no further being in the general public eye.
3. Jennifer Lawrence: $24 Million The Hunger Games are over, at the very least for Jennifer Lawrence, but she’s still among the top earners in Hollywood, with roles in the upcoming Red Sparrow and Mother!, in addition to a certification handle Dior.
2. Jennifer Aniston: $25.5 Million
Jennifer Aniston is not any stranger to movies, but she reportedly earns nearly all of her money from endorsement contracts with brands like Emirates Airlines and Aveeno.
1. Emma Stone: $26 Million: Emma Stone happens to be the most paid actress in the world and as well as that distinction she’s also the greatest gainer in dollars and percentages on the list.
Credit: Getty Images.