Oftentimes when most people picture the lifestyle of a billionaire, we imagine a lavish life filled with super cars, private jets, mansions and designer clothing. Nothing can be further from the truth when it comes to the following people. They must believe that the best things in life are free hence their average lifestyles.
- Warren Buffet The worlds third richest man, Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffet who is worth over $60 Billion dollars still lives in the modest house he bought in 1956. Not only has he donated half of his wealth, he also doesn’t have a cellphone or a home computer.
- Ingvar Kramprad Founder of IKEA furniture Ingvar Kramprad buys his clothing at flea markets and prefers cheap haircuts. He furnished his house with the very low cost IKEA furniture and drives an old Volvo, that’s when he is not using public transportation. Kramprad flies economy and eats his lunch in the IKEA cafeteria with the rest of his staff.
- Mark Zuckerberg Facebook founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg upgraded his Acura for a manual VW. At 31 he was mature enough not to let his billionaire status go to his head. He had a simple backyard wedding, at which he served McDonald’s to his guests. Mark has still prefers jeans and a t-shirt daily.
- Carlos Slim Helu Carlos is the founder of Grupo Carso and the richest man in mexico. He drives his old Mercedes and stays in the same house he bought over 40 years ago. Carlos is not fond of eating out and prefers home cooked meals with his family.
- Charlie Ergen Billionaire and chairman of the Dish Network, Charlie Ergen carries his home packed brown bag lunch to work everyday It ia reported that he goes as far as sharing hotel rooms with staff members on work trips.
- Bob Weidner Millionaire Bob cuts his own hair and considers buying slightly worn clothes on the internet a splurge. Bob often goes on $100 dollar shopping sprees and his family goes on a once a year vacation to Italy.
- Azim Premji Azim Premji is the chairman of Wipro Ltd and India’s most prominent tech billionaire. He drives around in secondhand cars and he flies economy class. At work he is said to monitor employees use of toilet paper and often reminds them to switch off the lights. This tech tycoon has no qualms traveling in rickshaws.
- Amancio Ortega The second richest man, founder of Intex lives in a modest apartment. Amancio eats lunch with his employees at the Zara headquarters. He prefers a daily uniform of gray pants, a white shirt and a blue blazer.
- Chuck Feeney Successful Irish-American businessman Chuck Feeney, founder of The Atlantic Philanthropies uses public transportation to get around. Chuck flies coach and buys his wardrobe at an everyday clothing retailer.
- John Caudwell English businessman and co-founder of Phones4u John Caudwell buys his clothes from a ordinary retail stores. He cuts his own hair and instead of driving a luxury car, John cycles to work everyday.
- Jim Walton You could mistake Walmart founder Jim Walton gir just another regular Joe on the road as he drives a modest old car.
- Steve Ballmer Former Microsoft CEO and now owner of the LA Clippers. He prefers driving Ford’s and buys his clothes from a retailer.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar You would think that being one of the most successful actresses of our time that Sarah lives the glamorous life but no, she’s remained humble to the point where she is not shy to pull out coupons when paying for her shopping.
- Sarah Jessica Parker Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica lives the opposite of her glamorous famous character Carrie. Most of her clothes are the ones she got to keep from the TV series. It is also reported that she doesn’t mind her kids wearing hand me downs and rather focuses her energy on her work with Habitat for Humanity.
- David Cheriton David still lives in the same home he had before the was successful. Having made billions as a venture capitalist by investing in startupa such as google. He still cuts his own hair and keeps his job as a computer science professor at Stanford University.
The post 15 Successful people who live average lifestyle despite their wealth appeared first on Media And Lifestyle.