Are you curious why San Francisco Democrats come in different shades of blue? Bewildered by local politics or intimidated by the state and federal stuff? Mad about Trump but don’t know what to do about it?
The United Democratic Club presents “SF Politics 101.” It’s an intro course on politics with a panel of experts and activists. They’ll also let you know how to take action at the local, state, and federal level.
Topics they’ll cover:
- A brief history of San Francisco, its politics and East/West divide.
- The difference between “moderate” and “progressive” Democrats (discover your shade of blue).
- How local government works: What is a supervisor and how do they relate to the mayor? Why are there 11 supervisor districts and which one is yours?
- How does state government work: What’s the difference between an assemblymember and a senator?
- Who represents you in Washington, D.C. and how can you be heard?
- What does the future hold for local politics and issues like housing and transportation?
- How can you fight Trump?
Free but an RSVP is required.
The post San Francisco Politics 101: Different Shades of Blue | IBEW Local 6 appeared first on FunCheapSF.com.
This post first appeared on Free & Cheap Events & Things To Do In The San Francisco Bay Area | Funcheap, please read the originial post: here