Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.
Mental Yoga Sunday :: Our favorite long form reads for the week of February 19, 2017.
They could have killed him right away on the spot, but he loved me and he wanted to keep me.
SAVED FROM THE HOLOCAUST - The story of Isaac and Rosa Blum should make all of us realize how good we all have it.
- REAL HEROES DON'T WEAR CAPES - Meet the foster parent who only takes in terminally ill children.
- "BELOW DECK" - Filipinos make up nearly one third of all cruise ship workers. It's a good job. Until it isn't.
- "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE FUNNY" - A great, funny piece on the things you can and can't say in our new reality.
NEVER MISS A CHANCE TO THINK
JOIN THE VENTIPOP POSITIVE VIBE
- THE MAN WHO BROKE TICKETMASTER has switched sides and is now doing everything he can to ensure tickets are sold to actual fans.
- NO CEO! - I should just go ahead and move to Sweden as often as I feature stories from there.
- Regardless of alternative facts, fake news or scientific censorship, NATURE TELLS THE TRUTH.
- FIRST I GOT PREGNANT. THEN I DECIDED TO KILL THE MOUNTAIN LION. - This story of a mommy hunting a wild cat in the Hollywood hills infatuates from beginning to end.
Random Strange Fact: For each lion cub that survives, a lioness will have mated 3,000 times.
OFFLINE DATING VIDEO - It's weird that it's so weird to meet a girl in person.
"I think the biggest thing that has changed here is the attitude about what's possible," says Howley. "I think there's really a can-do spirit and we're going to do it ourselves. If you wait for someone to help you, it will never happen."
While the businesses aren't wildly profitable, the town sustains them. Coughlin says it's a different sense of what "success" means than in most of the country.
WALTER VALLEY, MISSISSIPPI - Could this rural town in Mississippi hold the blueprint for rebuilding small town America?
// SUNDAY MENTAL YOGA :: LAST WEEK'S EDITION //
- THE COFFEE SHAMAN - Meet the man responsible for third-wave coffee—and the Frappuccino.
- WHY DOES HAPPY MUSIC MAKE YOU DO BAD THINGS?
- THE AGE OF RUDENESS - As the social contract frays, what does it mean to be polite?
- THE MARK ZUCKERBERG MANIFESTO - Humanity is in trouble. Facebook's CEO explains how he plans to fix it.
Random Strange Fact: England's King Charles II banned coffee houses in 1675; worried that they had become meeting places for citizens to plot against him. The proclamation was rescinded the following year. (Should Starbucks be worried today?)
...The Last Drop
Mental Yoga Sunday :: Our Favorite Long Form Reads of Week 2.19.17 ~ Fin.