Everyone likes eating Chicken and it is such a versatile ingredient to use. And you can`t have too much of a good thing. So here is another chicken dish, salad with red lentils and feta.
What you need:
– 3/4 cup dried red lentils
– 1 1/2 cup water
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 2 large chicken fillets
– 1 red apple, chopped
– 6 dried apricots, chopped
– 1 handful unsalted cashew nuts
– 2 oz baby spinach leaves
-2 scallions, finely chopped
– 1/2 red chili, thinly sliced
– 8 sugar snap peas, in thin trips
– 3/4 cup greek yogurt
– 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
– salt and pepper
– 2 tbsp lemon juice
– 1 tbsp honey
– 3 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
– salt and pepper
Steps to make Chicken and lentil salad
1. Cook the lentil first. Rinse lentils under running water, pour into a small saucepan with
water and salt.
2. Bring to boil and boil for 1 minute. Turn off the heat, put the lid on and let stand for about 5 minutes until lentils are cooked to al dente.
3. Drain in a colander and set aside.
4. Season chicken with salt and lemon pepper .
5. Fry the chicken fillets in a large frying pan until cooked through and golden.
6. Rinse and drain the spinach leaves.
7. Mix yogurt and feta cheese and season to taste.
8. Whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
9. On a large serving dish arrange lentils, baby spinach, apple, scallions, apricots , cashews, chili and sugar snaps. Spoon over the vinaigrette.
10. Cut chicken fillets in strips and put on top of the salad. Dollop the feta creme on top. Serve!
8 Noodle Dishes You Should Try At Least Once in Your Life
How To Make The Perfect Omelette
Easy Clam Bruschetta Recipe
The Best Blueberry And Banana Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
Quick and Easy Greek Gyros
The post Chicken and Lentil Salad with Feta Cream appeared first on Daily News And Entertainment.