Sending a text Message to customers and the target audience is way more effective than a voice call. Why? For a simple reason that a message can be read when the user is free and does not disturb or irritate them when they are busy with work. Also, a message stays in their mobile hones until it is decided. Users can refer to it when they wish to know more about the brand or make a purchase.
How do business enterprises send text messages to users in bulk? Will they have to send messages using a mobile phone or can enterprises use any other application or a web portal? Let us answer these questions and a few more in this blog.
Enterprises can send text messages to users via a web application by connecting their system and database to the SMS gateway or other communication channels using an API. Many companies provide the API integration services and a platform for the business enterprises to send and receive messages across more than 30 communication channels. Voice calls, SMS, WhatsApp, Messenger, Slack, and Skype are some of the communication channels that can be used to send messages to users from around the world.
As a text service provider, the company will offer 24*7 technical support, video tutorials to use the platform, a dashboard that allows enterprises to keep track of messages, and data security. From eCommerce to financial enterprises, travel to the retail, food industry to healthcare, the services can be used by an enterprise from any industry.
Messages are sent using pre-approved templates which are coded to fit into a specific format. The codes have variables that allow the enterprises to replace them with user names and send personalized messages in bulk.
Automatic Template Translation
- The code in the templates will have to be translated for a message to appear in the text format when a user opens the SMS.
- The API platform will automatically translate the code into a text as it sends the messages.
- Enterprises can include clickable links in the message and ask users to open it in a browser to perform a specific action.
Custom User Preferences
- Customize the assistant to create a profile for the business and help users remember the brand easily.
- For SMS gateway, opt for shortcode so that the name of the enterprise or the short form of it flashes as the message sender’s name.
- For other communication channels, use the logo of the business as a display picture, include the address, email id, website, and other details in the profile.
- Create welcome messages and standard replies to respond instantly to user messages.
Multi-channel Auto-RoutingThe text service provider facilitates multi-channel auto-routing in whih a message is sent to users using one than one communication chancnel.
- The text service provider facilitates multi-channel auto-routing in whih a message is sent to users using one than one communication chanc
- If a message does not get delivered using one channel, it can be re-routed via another channel.
- The aim is to make sure that the user receives the information sent by enterprises.
Send Notifications, Promotional and Information Messages
- Notifications about order booking, shipping, delivery, rejection, cancellation, service reminders, payment dues can be sent to users periodically to keep them updated at all times.
- Integrate marketing tools to send promotional messages and schedule recurring campaigns to take a product into the market.
- To help users with product discovery by suggesting products based on their purchase history.
- Enable transactions right from within the campaign by including links to purchase.
- Send personalized messages in bulk by categorizing and grouping users based on product preferences.
- Create and build chatbots to send automated messages to users.
- Allow two-way communication and interact with users in their preferred channel.
- Keep the conversation live until the issue is resolved.
- Provide immediate and effective customer service to increase customer retention and brand loyalty.
- The interactive dashboard provides enterprises with information about the messages and keeps track of the resolved and unresolved customer complaints.