The stationary Recumbent bikes are the most effective indoor exercise bikes that are fit for low impact and High-Intensity Interval Training. When you sit on these bikes, you can lay back so that the weight is off your upper back. This allows you to concentrate on working on your legs in a safe and comfortable manner. That means you can use these bikes even if you suffer from any back or joint pain, upper or lower back issues.
It is the recumbent position of your in these bikes that make your workout more effective as compared to other indoor bikes and exercise equipment. The design of these recumbent exercise bikes is one of the most ergonomic and low-impact ones that you will ever find.
On a recumbent bike, you do not have to lean over as in an upright exercise bike or your indoor cycle and therefore the chances of any back pain developing over time are eliminated. You will not experience any hard-hitting action on your leg muscles and knees which is a common issue when you run over a treadmill.
The straightforward and familiar leg cycling motion will give you a real cycling feeling, and you will not exert any pressure on your hips which is natural on an elliptical machine. The back relaxing twist is what makes these bikes so popular and effective.
The working principleIt has a relatively simple working process, and all the parts of this stationary recumbent bike contribute to the success and popularity of it.
- It has a seat and a backrest. You have to pedal with your legs in front and not down below as in an upright bike. This is a very ergonomic position that is back-friendly.
- It comes with magnetic resistance; ideally, that is applied to the flywheel pretty similar to any indoor cycle.
- The flywheel gives it the desired momentum to mimic the feeling of cycling a real bike on an open road.
- If you pedal faster or slower, it will affect your lower body muscles including the calves, the thighs, and the gluteus.
- Apart from the effect on all the muscles on your lower body, exercising on a recumbent bike will also have some abdominal impact because you will have to keep your abs tight so as to maintain the position of your legs.
- It comes with well-programmed workouts that will help you to vary the resistance according to your hill scenarios, endurance level and monitored heart-rate.