The demand for Offshore Software Development has been on the rise recently. This has led to many organisations to outsource to increase their functional competencies in the IT sector.
Offshore software development is cost-effective and results in highly tailored solutions that can be beneficial for both the client and the vendor firm.
Before deciding to look for an offshore software development service, it is advisable to consider the following steps.
Highlight the ways of partnership that is beneficial to both partiesDefine the reasons as to why you are looking for a development team. It all depends whether you want to build the software from the scratch or improving the existing one, or supplementing your developer’s team due to increased work as far as security and maintenance is concerned.
Find the team boasting relevant technological knowledgeIt is upon you to decide the kind of technology stack your development team must manage.
Look for a team that possesses specialists you needAssess how much resources you will assign to who in the team. Nominate a leader who is dedicated. The leader will be responsible for defining, controlling and giving directions to other developers. You should also decide whether to hire a team with professional designers or that is an area where you will have an in-house supplementary.
• Another critical action to take before deciding to go offshore is the team track record and UX experience.
Although many teams will usually show off their expertise in the form of a portfolio of previous assignments, not everyone in the team has enough experience to efficiently turn your idea into reality quick.
- Check for the company’s portfolios
- Check portfolios to find out if the company fits your needs.
- Check how the team development workflow is
Below are the top five trends in offshore software development services
1. The surge in technological improvementsWhat is going to put both offshore and nearshore companies to the test is lowering of costs, urge to increase quality and productivity and how best they standardise their operations.
2. More and more innovations in the services providedMany offshore companies are starting to put more focus on the quality of value rather than worrying about the cost.
3. Shifting towards hybrid cloud computingIt is projected that by the end of 2018, more than half IT service provider firms will utilise the ever-growing cloud-based technologies. The dominant type if cloud computing is the Hybrid Cloud. This is a more integrated cloud service that employs both private and public cloud solutions that operate together.
4. Security of dataMany offshore companies are shifting their focus to the safety of data that they handle. This trend has led the topic of cybersecurity to become one of the hot issues in 2018. Data and information security is a trend that will keep on rising in the coming years. Clients are growing more sceptical every day about the data and information they should share with these offshore companies.
5. Using machine learning in outsourcingMachine learning is taking over in any field you can name, and offshore software development companies are not being left behind. Many growing software development companies, like Svitla Systems Software Development Company and testing provider, are utilising machine learning to directly cut down the costs, speed up the operations and improve the processes.
Below are some bonus trends to look for in offshore
6. Improved efficiency and agilityMany offshore companies will look to increase the scalability and develop reusable products to provide more efficient technological support. The result of this is the development of new features seamlessly.
7. Going virtualCompanies will use telecommunication to remotely work with outsourcing clients.
8. Agreements that are oriented to the clients’ requirementsThe model employed here is the time and material, whereby the agreement is prepared according to the client’s requirements.
As companies are more and more looking for software development companies that provide contracts that are more enclosed with legal and commercial terms that create a base on which scalable projects are encouraged and let them (the companies) fit in their own requirements and anticipations.
Outsourcing can give you financial and operational benefits both in the short and long term and lead the way to a successful and mutually beneficial relationship for many years to come.
Outsourcing your software development activities to an offshore software development company can turn out to be very rewarding if done in the right manner and with the right team of developers.
In the coming years, the field of outsourcing will always be changing, although restrictions like legal, economic and the markets’ nature are making the interested parties to be a little sceptical and more conscious.
Author Bio: Umar Bajwa is a young business enthusiast, and content coordinator at AppModo loves to write about Mobile Apps, Technology, Health, and Life Style & Digital Marketing