Are you trying to found the Status of Linksys Extender? Do you want an accurate solution to such brain-teaser and maddening issue? Then, you will be glad to know that here on this post you will get an instant result to your maddening problem. Remember, checking the status is essential so that you can confirm whether it is connected to your wireless network or not. On the other hand, you can also verify whether it is receiving the correct IP address from your router or not.
Follow some below given steps in order to check the status of your Linksys Extender
Via Ethernet cable, connect your computer with the range extender. Now, in the address bar, you can either log in through http://extender.linksys.com or extender.linksys.com or the default IP address of the range extender.
Next, under ‘Status’ in the left navigation, click on ‘Device Info’.
After that, under the ‘Network Address’, check the ‘Subnet Mask’ followed by ‘Default Gateway’.
Note: All these supposed to be same as your existing wireless router. Also, the default IP address should contain the same first three octets.
Each and every device in your home network that is connected to your WiFi router should have the same first three octets as the ‘Default Gateway’. If the Default Gateway is 192.168.1.1, then your other devices should have an IP address of 192.168.1.x. Remember, ‘X’ is the only value that is totally different from each other.
Now, under ‘Status’ (in the left navigation), consider clicking on ‘WLAN Statistics’.
After that, check the SSID (network name) field whether it is same as your wireless network or not. If it is, then click on the ‘Status’ below. Note down that it should say ‘Associated’.
NOTE: These settings supposed be the same as the 5GHz settings. Remember, only if you have a simultaneous ‘dual-band’ router.
In case, the shared process doesn’t work, consider resetting your Linksys Range Extender
How to Reset Linksys Range Extender
Well, a Linksys range extender in this modern world is very useful to boost and enhance the internet coming out of your existing router to the far corner of the house. But, you have to apply some basic steps given below in order to make your range extender up and running.
Like other extenders, Linksys also have two main ways to be reset and restore.
1. Soft Reset
- Switch on your PC or a laptop.
- Launch a web browser of your choice in order to access the setup page of the Linksys range extender (web-based).
- Now, in the address bar type the default IP address of range extender or Linksys extender.linksys.com.
- Next, fill in the login credentials (username and password) by default.
- After that, move to ‘Administration’ field in order to proceed towards the reset process of your Linksys range extender.
- At last, click on ‘Factory Reset’ button.
2. Hard Reset
- Shut down your PC or laptop and disconnect all the active connections from your range extender.
- After that, connect the power cable and let your range extender to boot up completely.
- As soon as your Linksys range extender boots up, consider inserting a paper clip in the factory reset hole for 20 seconds.
- Once your range extender boots up, shut down for a device for five minutes and restart it again
If the mentioned process doesn’t work, then give us a chance to help you. What you have to do, just dial a toll-free number 1-844-677-7233 and give us the chance to prove helpful and best for you.