Even though the definition for the hi-tech city keeps on evolving, the necessary infrastructure of every hi-tech city includes high-end communication and advanced information technologies for improving the levels of service, well being of the citizens, economic development and high-level sustainability. Most of the cities are keen to invest in these smart technologies for improving the safety of the community. In response to the advanced infrastructure design as well as the earlier urban planning, Technologically Advanced Cities assure enhanced decision-making process, analysis and monitoring activities in real time.
Why technologically Advanced Cities are perfect for a living?Smart Cities are becoming a little epitome of advanced scientific technology and infrastructure like seamless lighting system, and distribution of drinking water is very crucial for its operation. This is why the developers of Technologically Advanced cities focus more on creating green means of transport to help the smooth movement of goods and people without any issues of traffic. They also make sure of creating a peaceful environment with pure air quality, well-connected systems and accident-free, noise-free environment and interconnected public transportation systems for the enhanced living. With an environment-friendly, congestion free and livable infrastructure, the hi-tech city can make a living the best experience for every resident. As they are backed by innovative technologies, they are beneficial both for the environment and for the people residing in it.
Related post: 10 facts about fast urban growth on World Cities Day
1. Lesser emission levelsTechnologically advanced cities are designed to have very limited automobiles on the roadways, which indicate that it aims at improving the bike sharing or ride sharing services. The plans of technologically advanced cities also consider public transportation system as its crucial concept. So, the business areas and neighbourhoods designed in the hi-tech city projects are set in a walkable distance to avoid travel in vehicles.
2. More use of smart carsAutonomous cars that have the self-driving ability are capable of making use of very less amount of fuel, and the frequency of accidents is reduced drastically. These smart and hybrid electric vehicles will have more advanced functions in the future, as their sales figures go up. In the coming years, smart cars will be a standard feature on the roads of the smart city.
3. Smart lighting system The technologically advanced cities are equipped with energy efficient lighting system that has long-lasting lights that draw less power for operating without any flaws. These energy-conserving lights can be brightened or dimmed based on the region, night time, daytime etc. These power systems are using very less energy while paying attention to the key aspects like security and safety of the residents.
4. Improved digital equity The technologies of technologically advanced cities have the prowess for creating a better equitable environment for the residents. For ensuring top-notch digital equity, the residents will have full speed internet connectivity services as well as affordable gadgets. The strategically placed Wi-Fi hotspots across the hi-tech city infrastructure assure durable internet services for all people.
5. Better public utilities As there is the only limited amount of natural resources are available to cater to meet the demands of the people, smart technologies are offering the essential tools that are necessary for conserving it effectively and lowering the wastage of energy and water. These cities with smart sensors can help in quick identification of any leakages in the pipes and fixing the segments that are damaged within a short time period will help in cutting down the volume of water that is lost due to leakage. Smart electric grids also help the users, as well as the providers of energy, maintain a two-way communication for assisting in identifying the timings of outages and peak usage hours.
6. Enhanced Infrastructure Technologically advanced cities powered with advanced technologies aimed at determining the problematic areas through predictive analysis to resolve the issue at the earliest to prevent a major problem in case of a failure in the infrastructure. Transmission of data performed by the smart sensors play a vital role in depicting the adverse changes in structure, find the cracks or tilt in the bridges or buildings and send notifying messages for informing the officials to perform inspections or continue maintenance activities. In this way, the technologically advanced cities can save more on repair jobs caused by the failures in the infrastructure.