The question of why to become a Sperm donor might raise few eyebrows, and they may start wondering what could be the benefits in becoming a sperm donor? Well, the main reason to become a sperm donor is to make couples, single woman and woman in a same-sex relationship realise their dream of having a kid.
Why Opt To Become A Sperm Donor?As the meaning of real happiness described in the book “What Life Is All About” “Real happiness is when you see someone smiles or laugh, and you know that you’re the reason behind it. While helping others, you will experience a pleasant feeling that is beyond happiness awakened within yourself which nothing else could give you on Earth.” Yes, it is to experience that pure feeling of helping others to realise their dream in their lives you become a sperm donor. Nowadays considering the out of pocket expenses it takes for the donor in reaching the donation centre, Paid sperm donation programs are finding greater acceptance among donors.
The Process Of Sperm Donation:Contact and register, contact a donor fertility centre that has listed for sperm donation and enquires the complete details and law regulations according to your country for donating sperms. If you feel comfortable with the proceedings fill up their form, this further helps the fertility centre to know whether you meet the initial criteria to become a sperm donor.
- Sample semen analysis and various other tests, your entire medical history will be screened to find whether you suffer from any genetic diseases or sexually transmitted infections. Your sample semen will be sent for analysis.
- Medical consultation and legalities, a fertility expert, will convey to you whether you are medically suitable to become a sperm donor with the tests analysis. If you are qualified to become a sperm donor, the legalities will be explained to you.
- Counselling and your dossier, anybody who wants to donate sperm must undergo counselling to prepare you mentally, and during this process, the counsellor will make sure you are through with the legalities mentally. Your entire dossier will be made ready.
- Finally, after all these steps, you can start donating. All the expenses throughout the process will be taken care of by the fertility centre.
Benefits in Being A Sperm Donor:
- The most significant advantage of becoming a sperm donor is you can have a complete general health check-up at free of cost.
- Sperm donation for in need couples may be heterosexual, lesbian couples or a single woman is an honourable, selfless cause for which you can feel proud of yourself.
Few Conditions To Be A Sperm Donor:You should be at least 18 years old and not more than 44 years old to donate sperm.
If you are under the usage of any recreational drug, the possibility of you passing the screening test is improbable. This is because the usage of recreational drugs may affect your sperm structure.
Also read: 9 Steps To Become a Sperm and Egg Bank