Do you ever wish for a wider and stronger Wifi Router that covers your entire home without any signal breakage? Well, the good news is that you can do it by yourself using the simple techniques of technology. Grab a wireless router and complete the process of NETGEAR Extender Setup, etc. to enhance the signal range of your existing WiFi network. Let’s have the look at below-given steps on how to connect your range extender by the means of mywifiext.net.
- Connect NETGEAR WiFi Extender Manually:
- Choose the best location for your Wireless Router
- Change your Antenna
- Increase your Router’s Power
- Locate your Router away from interference creating devices
- Extend your Network with a Second Router
- Choose an ideal Channel Number
Connect NETGEAR WiFi Extender Manually:
- Make use of an Ethernet cable to connect range extender and the computer.
- Open a web browser and log in to the web interface of NETGEAR extender by typing mywifiext into a field of the address bar. Now, you will be prompted to enter username and password (default) to the required fields.
Note: Get login details from finest technicians working worldwide on toll-free number 1-877-425-5462.
- Once you are in the home page of Netgear Extender Setup click Setup after that Wireless Settings. Now, under Security Options consider checking the value in Network Key (password). Hit Apply.
- Choose the centre location of the house for your router. Before performing the above-given process, clean it with a dry piece of cloth. Avoid overloading, overheating, fluctuation and high-voltage.
Let us proceed further by going with the advanced techniques to improve the range of your existing WiFi network.
1. Choose the best location for your Wireless RouterThe range of your wireless router is limited to the size of your home. This is just because the antennas of your router is omnidirectional that transmit the same reach of signal strength in every direction. So, what you have to do is place your router at centre location of the house as compared to access points and other WiFi devices. Moreover, it is best locating your router at a higher position as possible. This process will help in reducing interferences caused due to third-party devices and unauthorized source.
2. Change your AntennaAs we all know that most of the router comes with the omnidirectional antennas that transmit the WiFi range of internet connectivity equally in all directions. Fortunately, these antennas are removable and you can replace them with high-gain directional antennas. Well, the high-gain directional antennas are meant for spreading the range of WiFi range to a specific direction. If you are unable to find the high-gain antennas, consider adding a booster antenna for your wireless router.
3. Increase your Router’s PowerIn today’s modern world, almost every wireless router comes with increasing transmit power. In case your router has this feature, set it to the highest range. Also, update your device to the latest version of the technology. Do not create interferences between your router and the existing modem. Plug your router in a damage-free power socket.
4. Locate your Router away from interference creating devicesBe certain that your router is away from those devices that carry the same frequency. Such devices may include baby monitors, microwaves, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, etc. This stuff creates a lot of interference and may decrease the signal strength of your WiFi network. Don’t forget to place your router away from metal shelves, cabinets, doors, grills, walls, windows and other enclosures. Place your router at a high-place away from heat and dust.
5. Extend your Network with a Second RouterExtending the reach of the existing WiFi network is now easy. Buy a new model of router and connect it with your existing one by using an Ethernet cable. After that, launch a web browser and type the NETGEAR default IP address into a field of the address bar. For help regarding the same, feel free to call our tech support team at any time of the day or night on the toll-free number mentioned above.
6. Choose an ideal Channel NumberToday, wireless routers can broadcast numerous channels similar to radio stations. These channels are in the range of 2.4GHz. There would be countless factors that decide the performance of a particular channel depending upon household or neighbouring devices (surroundings). WiFi routers allow you to select the best channel that gives the maximum range of internet connectivity without any buffering or signal breakage all over the house. You can change the router’s channel by going through www.Mywifiext.net.