She is the lady of the moment, and we have many reasons to celebrate her. Actress Thuso Mbedu is making her mark in the tough entertainment industry. She has been making news lately since she bagged that Emmy nominee.
Check out these 10 facts about her below.
1. 26 year old Thuso Medu grew up in the kingdom of the Zulus, KwaZulu-Natal and went to school in Pietermaritzburg.
2. Thuso lost her mother to a brain tumor at the age of four. She regards this as one of the hardest moments in her life. She and her siblings were raised by her grandmother.
3. After passing matric, she enrolled to study drama and performing arts at the University of the Witwatersrand.
4. Her first big TV gig was on e.tv’s Scandal! where she played the character of 21-year-old Kitso Medupe.
5. Her second big role was on Mzansi Magic’s Saints and Sinners where she played the role of Boni Khumalo.
6. She has also appeared Isibaya, but her first big break into the industry came when she joined Isithunzi as the brave teenager Winnie.
7. For her role in Isthunzi, Thuso got a call and auditioned like it was her last role. She then got the role, and now she is an Emmy nominee.
8. She looks up to Viola Davis and Taraj P Henson. Thuso rates them as great actresses and would love to work with them one day.
9. Thuso is currently developing a film she wrote and worked with her mentor Amanda Lane that is sponsored by the KwaZulu Natal government.
10. She recently started a YouTube channel for her Teach Me How To series, where she gets experts to teach her things about their trades because she loves learning new things.