It goes without saying that it’s easier to sell a product with the help of a celebrity face. A lot of local and international companies have found it fit to use faces of South African celebs to move their products. From shoes, to make-up and skin care ranges, our celebs have some of the biggest Endorsement deals ever. Here are some of the most notable deals that some of our celebs have signed.
1. Casper Nyovest
2. AKA Anther rapper swimming in endorsement deals is non other than AKA. In October last year, he signed a multi-million rand deal with Cruz Vodka, it’s said to be the largest ever signed by a South African musician thus far. He’s also secured deals with Reebok, headphone brand Rocka, Ciroc, Hunters and Sony Music Africa.
3. Bonang Matheba For Queen B, Revlon is just one of the major brands that she scored a endorsement deal with. The media personality has been building up her brand on an international scale. She is the African face of Ipanema and she previously signed Woolworths, Gert Johan Coetzee, Ciroc, Brutal Fruit, Diva Divine Hair, and now her lasted endorsement deal is with Courvoisier.
4. Nomzamo Mbatha
The year might as well be declared as actress Nomzamo Mbatha’s year. Nomzamo is the first African Face for Neutrogena, the beauty also scored multi-million deals including Puma and BET. Adding to her list of endorsement is Audi SA who have also snapped her up as their ambassador.
Boity showed she is a force to reckon with when she announced her endorsement collaboration with the Sissy Boy jeans brand. Boity was also announced as the face of clothing brand Legit, USN, Brutal Fruit and Celltone just to mention a few.
6. Minnie Dlamini
Minnie is also swimming in endorsement deals. The TV personality pocketed close to a million Rands after landing a deal with Motions hair brand a couple of years ago and that was her start. Since then Minnie has signed deals with Revlon’s Fire & Ice, BMW, Nedbank, Tropika and Jeep SA.
7. Proverb There’s no stopping this man’s hustle. Just last month the rapper and television personality scored an endorsement deal with South African Uniliver brand Rama. Most recently he signed a deal with Flight Center Travel Group. Way to go.
8. Khuli Chana The Hape le Hape hit maker Khuli Chana is one of the most paid rappers in the country. He bagged big deal with Aston Martin and his most recent deal is with Absolute Vodka which has seen him traveling the world and shining on the Grammy Red Carpet.
9. Maps Maponyane Not to be outdone by his woman Nomzamo, Maps Maponyane has been carving out a name for himself as Mzansi’s ‘IT’ man. Maps is an official brand ambassador for Investec Private Banking, Adidas and Samsung not to mention a fashion icon too. Mmm, not just a handsome face.
10. Liesl Laurie
Last year former Miss South Africa Liesl Laurie scored a lucrative U.S endorsement deal. The deal was for U.S cosmetic brand Extreme Lashes worth a whopping 100 000 dollars. Extreme Lashes is a hugely popular brand in the States with it being endorsed by The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and The Real Housewives of Atlanta.