Created by: Lee Sonogan
More quotes from a man from history. Sir Isaac Newton was a mathematician, physicist, astronomer, theologian, and an author. He is known for universal gravitation, optics, calculus and much more. For a man in the 16th century, it seems that every one hundred years we have a few key people who were geniuses. Newton would tell the story of an apple falling from a tree giving him inspiration for his work on gravity. However, there is no evidence he was actually hit by an apple.
Isaac Newton Quotes:
- “If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.” – The Correspondence Of Isaac Newton, Isaac Newton
- “I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies but not the madness of people.” – Isaac Newton
- “Men build too many walls and not enough bridges.” – Isaac Newton
- “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.” – Isaac Newton
- “And to every action there is always an equal and opposite or contrary, reaction.” – Isaac Newton
- “No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess.” – Isaac Newton
- “What goes up must come down.” – Isaac Newton
- “Live your life as an Exclamation rather than an Explanation.” – Isaac Newton
- Sir Isaac Newton was asked how he discovered the law of gravity. He replied, “By thinking about it all the time.” – Isaac Newton
- “To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.” – Isaac Newton
- “I have studied these things” – you have not.” – Isaac Newton
- “As a blind man has no idea of colors, so have we no idea of the manner by which the all-wise God perceives and understands all things.” – Isaac Newton
- “Blind metaphysical necessity, which is certainly the same always and every where, could produce no variety of things. All that diversity of natural things which we find suited to different times and places could arise from nothing but the ideas and will of a Being, necessarily existing.” – Isaac Newton, The Principia: Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy
- “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. Tis much better to do a little with certainty & leave the rest for others that come after than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.” – Isaac Newton
- “This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.” – Isaac Newton, The Principia: Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy
- “The more time and devotion one spends in the worship of false gods, the less he is able to spend in that of the True One.” – Isaac Newton
- “To me there has never been a higher source of earthly honor or distinction than that connected with advances in science.” – Isaac Newton
- “They who search after the Philosopher’s Stone [are] by their own rules obliged to a strict and religious life.” – Isaac Newton
- “If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been due more to patient attention, than to any other talent.” – Isaac Newton
- “A man may imagine things that are false, but he can only understand things that are true.” – Isaac Newton
- “Inherent force of matter is the power of resisting by which everybody, so far as it is able, perseveres in its state either of resting or of moving uniformly straight forward.” – Isaac Newton
- “Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” – Isaac Newton
- “What we know is a drop, what we don’t know is an ocean.” – Isaac Newton
- “An object that is at rest will tend to remain at rest. An object that is in motion will tend to remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force.” – Isaac Newton
- “You have to make the rules, not follow them.” – Isaac Newton
As I believe I have said before, history allows us to better understand modern day concepts better and much more! He remained single throughout his life, being too absorbed in his studies for romance. This may have led him to success in all the fields he tried. But, maybe it caused him to suffer two nervous breakdown in his life time.
Please watch my new short film below and tell me what you think?
The post Isaac Newton Quotes appeared first on Ungroovygords.
This post first appeared on Ungroovygords | Articles, Reviews, Lists And So Much More You Should See, please read the originial post: here