Are you feeling down, constipated, or overweight?
Is your blood pressure or blood sugar a little high?
Do you have trouble falling asleep at night?
The solution might be as simple as walking for 30 minutes each day.
And that’s just the top of the iceberg. Read on to discover 10 health benefits of walking.
A walk might seem like child’s play compared to running a marathon or competing in crossfit. But don’t underestimate it.
A walk can be a very healthy alternative if you lack the time or interest in exercising intensely.
Humans were built for walking, and some health experts believe that the chair was the worst invention ever created.
I tend to agree!
You can do a lot to enhance your health and happiness by taking a walk every day. In fact, I can quickly mention 10 health benefits of walking.
Enjoy these 10 health benefits of walking daily!
- You’ll feel better. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, frazzled, and stressed, a walk is a simple way to fill that get rid of that feeling. Getting out of the house and breathing a little fresh air is bound to enhance your mood and outlook on life.
- Walking is good for your bones. Hip fractures are reduced in postmenopausal women that walk for at least 30 minutes each day.
- You can expect to sleep better if you walk regularly. Those that walk report a lower incidence of insomnia. If you’re having stress-related sleep deprivation, the solution might be as simple as a daily walk.
- Your risk of chronic stress-related disease is lower if you walk each day. Studies have found that your risk of developing diabetes, stress-related heart problems, or suffering from a stroke are reduced significantly. Thirty minutes of walking is all you need each day to reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease by 30%. A stroll can also lower your blood pressure.
- Walking increases the motility of your bowels. If you suffer from constipation, a walk can work wonders for your issue. (Trust me, a good walk combined with several glasses of water WORKS!)
MORE benefits of walking daily…
- You are developing a good habit. Walking can be a positive addition to your anti-stress routine. The most successful people have routines. You will have LESS stress and MORE success if you can maintain positive anti-stress routines in your life.
- You’re likely to lose weight. If you increase your physical activity AND reduce emotional eating, you can expect to drop a few pounds. Even if you don’t lose weight, you may experience a shift in your weight that allows your tight clothing to fit much more comfortably.
- Walking is good for your brain. Midlifers and older seniors that walk daily have 50% decreased risk of developing Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Your creativity will increase. More than one study has demonstrated that going for a walk boosts creativity. Those that walk are more creative than those that sit. Having a challenge at work or at home? You’re more likely to find the solution during a nice, long walk.
- You’ll live longer. Women who spend more time on their feet live longer than couch potatoes. Get up on your feet and go for a walk if you want to extend your life. A daily walk adds 3-7 years of life!!
Walking is free, low-impact, and simple to do.
There’s no new skill to learn and no equipment to purchase.
Unlike many other forms of exercise, anyone and everyone can walk, including those with weight issues and those with no athletic ability whatsoever. For those with joint problems, walking in a pool is an excellent option!
For everyone else, just put on your shoes and get out the door.
Think about these 10 healthy benefits of walking mentioned above.
Going for a walk can do a lot more for your health and outlook on life than a gym membership that you seldom use.
It’s much less expensive, too.
The post Top 10 Health Benefits of Walking Daily For Chronically Stressed Women appeared first on Stress Management Activities.
This post first appeared on Stress Management Activities - Stress Management A, please read the originial post: here