It’s surprisingly easy to Grow
, a tropical plant with an edible fruit, from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a knife, pineapple, large glass, a few toothpicks (or similar), and water!
1) Twist off the top section of the fruit. If it doesn’t twist off, you can cut it away with a kitchen knife.
2) Peel away the bottom layers of leaves, about an inch up the stalk.
3) Place a few toothpicks into the base and place the pineapple top in a glass of water.
4) Within a few weeks, you should see nice and long roots.
5) Once the roots have grown, plant your pineapple top firmly in potting soil.
Keep your pineapple plant in a sunny window or outside when it’s warm and keep the soil moist, but avoid over-watering. You may see brown leaves form, but don’t worry about those; the new green leaves will grow from the center of the plant.