Being found on the internet these days is becoming more and more impossible.
Big brands with large budgets to spend on advertisement have eaten all the spots on Search engines like google, yahoo, bing, social media sites like facebook, twitter, pinterest.
Gone are the days when the internet just started and people were excited to see just anything on it.
You could post any scrape, copy from others and still end up getting some quality traffic back to your blog.
After people have been scammed several times, they are very careful as to whom they are reading not to talk of buying from.
People use to post a 450 word article and end up on the front page of google for the keyword of their choice.
Nowadays I have seen people writing 7000 word articles to gain all the juicy spots on google for their targeted keyword.
These days not only has the internet moved from the alpha to beta version, even Search Engines have created penalties penalizing blogs with copy content, thin content and many more, people have even learned how to protect their emails with software, facebook and twitter are flooded with stars and big giants.
Here you come with your little idea and also want to gain a spot on the online and even think of becoming rich like most of the success stories goes.
We are going to start with the bad news and then move to the good news.
Why most of you end up never becoming rich blogging?
You have a great idea about something you have learned in school, a charming life story, a life experience no one can resist, an idea everyone will like to learn from.
With all this juicy content, you ended up never being found on the internet.
What you want to do is dump on the internet spend your money on any opportunity out there promising you internet traffic, post content the way you want, in fact you want to be like, let me do anything.
To tell you the truth, there are rules that have to be followed strictly.
How to be found on the internet?
When you just arrive on the internet trying to promote anything you have there, these are the following new words you have to add to your vocabulary.
- Internet traffic: Unlike road traffic that we all hate, you know waiting for several minutes’ even hours just to drive your car to work, back home or to a party, internet traffic is what you are looking for. This defines the number of people that visit and are active on your blog.
- Niche: Just like the animal niche that defines the habitat of a particular animal species; in the internet world what you write about is known as niche.
- Competitors: These are people that are found in your niche. So both of you are trying to rank for the keyword best cheap puppy food (2018)
- Search engine optimization (seo): This is the process of getting traffic from search engines. It is the broadest and most effective ways when it comes to online marketing.
- Backlinks: This refers to the number of domains your domain is linked to. There exist 2 types known as inbound links that requires you to interlink your posts and outbound links which come from a totally different domain which also exist in 2 types known as no and do follow links.
Page rank (pr): Search engines rank sites on a scale from 1 - 10.
- Keywords: These are terms people type on search engines to get information. There exist 2 types, namely short tail keywords example local business and long tail keywords for example ideas on how to promote a local business (that works).
- Content marketing: This involves promoting your content on other blogs and websites.
- Guest posting: Here you will have to write post for other bloggers.
- Article marketing: With this one you will have to write articles of at least 450 words and submit them to article directories like ezine.
Video marketing: Here you will have to create videos and upload them to video sites for example youtube.
- Blog directory submission: There are many sites that will list your blog on their website. Most of them will take between a space of 3 weeks to several months to check and see if your blog has appropriate content for their website.
- Social media marketing: This involves being active on social media sites especially facebook, twitter, pinterest thesedays.
- Blog commenting: This involves posting comments on other blogs. A good tip here is to make sure the blog has a high pr, found in your niche and make interesting comments agreeing or denying a fact.
- Forum posting: This requires you to either answer or post threads.
- Question and answer (Q&A) sites: Just like forums here you will have to answer or post questions.
If you're quick to notice all the above methods are ways on how to promote your content online.
But we are going to be looking at 1 seo.
We are going to start with search engine seo.
This involves making your blog being found on the 1st 10 results of search engines.
Keyword research: When it comes to searching for word phrases to get information, google is the king it has a hooping 75% of all the searches performed on the internet.
It's becoming mission impossible to rank for just any thing on google these days.
2018 Advanced Keyword Research Strategy (Step By Step Guide)