The city beautiful Chandigarh has the highest per capita income, which means people here like stay indoors and are less involved in physical activity. This is the reason why the city has top in the percentage of diabetic cases. According to the doctors highest per capita income, genetic predisposition and huge number of migratory population are some of the reasons behind it. Physical inactivity, excessive intake of junk food which is rich in carbohydrates are the two main reasons behind diabetes. Let’s find out the symptoms, effects and prevention of diabetes.
Diabetes is a chronic, metabolic disease which is characterized by elevated sugar levels of Blood glucose which leads overtime to serious damage to blood vesels, kidneys, eyes and nerves. The common type is type-2 diabetes which usually occurs when the body become resistant to insulin or doesn’t make insulin in adults.
Excessive excretion of Urine, thirst, weight loss, constant hunger, vision changes and fatigue. These symptoms can occur suddenly.
Effect of Diabetes
– The diabetes can damage the Blood Vessels, heart, kidneys, eyes and nerves.
– Combined with reduced blood flow, neurotherapy in feet increases chance of foot ulcers, infection and eventual need for limb amputation.
– Adults suffering from diabetes have a 2-3 increased risk of heart attacks and strokes.
– Diabetic Retinopathy is an in important cause of blindness and occurs as a result of long term accumulated damage to the small blood vessels in the retina.
– Diabetes is the major cause of kidney failure.
How Diabetes can be Prevented?
- Achieve and Maintain healthy body weight
- Eat a healthy diet, Strictly avoid Sugar and Saturated fat intake
- Be Physically Active
- Avoid Tobacco Use
- Diagnosis and Treatment
Early Diagnosis can be accomplished through relatively inexpensive testing of blood sugar. Treatment of diabetes involves diet and physical activity along with lowering blood glucose and the levels of other known risk factors that damage blood vessels.
This post first appeared on Tricity Events | Chandigarh Mohali Panchkula Events, please read the originial post: here