Government Multi-Specialty Hospital previously known as General Hospital is one of the oldest hospitals of the Chandigarh city. The hospital is located in the sector 16, Madhya Marg near rose garden next to PGIMER and GMCH-32. Chandigarh city is well connected by road, rail and air. GH-16 is just few kilometers away from the International Airport Mohali.
Government Multi-Specialty Hospital is managed by the Health Department of Chandigarh. Mr. Ram Niwas, IAS the home secretary cum health secretary of the city is Head of the Department. Dr.Rajeev Vadera is the Medical superintendent of hospital and Dr. M.P Singh is the Deputy Medical superintendent of the hospital. GM-16 is known for its prompt and efficient services. The hospital has 24 hour emergency and indoor facilities which are managed by the specialists. It is a well established hospital with the provision of nearly 500 beds for the patients.
Casualty and Emergency Services: (24 Hours)
– The Casualty Medical Officers and house surgeons are always available for 24 hours all days.
– Specialist Doctor’s are available round the clock in Major specialties viz. Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics, Gynecology and Pediatrics.
– Duty Doctor is available on call in Anesthesia, Pathology, Radiology, Dental, ENT, Eye, Psychiatry, Skin etc.
– Failure to respond to a call is regularly monitored by the Medical Superintendent of the hospital.
– In serious cases, treatment/management gets priority over paper work like registration and medico legal requirements. The decision rests with the treating doctor.
– Emergency Operation Theatre is maintained on a regular basis to ensure that it is usable at all times.
– Free telephone service is available at the entrance of Casualty for patients and their attendants.
– Ambulance services for bringing and referred patients are available.
-Physiotherapy section of GMCH-16 is very good with latest equipment at way less price than any of ordinary private hospital.
– A.C Waiting Hall for relative of patients admitted in Causality Ward, is available with facility of Coffee, T.V. and telephone.
The timings of the OPD are:
8 am to 2 pm in summers
9 am to 3 pm in winters.
– All patients admitted in general wards of the Hospital are treated on Minimum user charges except for govt. Servants from Punjab/Haryana/U.T residing in Chandigarh, Panckula, Mohali/ESI Chandigarh.
– Yellow card holders, Ex-Servicemen, Freedom Fighters are provided free treatment.
– Diet is provided to all patients in the General Wards/Private Wards.
– Every patient is given one attendant pass.
– Visitors are allowed only at notified visiting hours.
– A staff nurse is on duty round the clock in the ward.
– Admitted patients should contact the Staff Nurse for any medical assistance they need.
Government Multi-Specialty Hospital Chandigarh is economically approachable for all the sections of the society and has all the facilities available.
What do you think about this Hospital? Do share your views with us in the comment section below.
This post first appeared on Tricity Events | Chandigarh Mohali Panchkula Events, please read the originial post: here