Chandigarh the beautiful city is a hub for beautiful places. People from different regions, cultures and dynasty specially visit this city to enjoy its calm and beautiful surroundings. The monuments, uniquely designed gardens, clubs, architecture, environment, surroundings, scenic beauty etc are some of the reasons due to which the place becomes a tourist destination. Apart from this, religious places also attract many visitors who come to offer prayers from different parts of the world. So, let’s explore some of the most popular religious places in and around the Chandigarh city.
Worship Places in Tricity
- Nada Sahib Gurudwara – Located on the banks of the Ghaggar river in Panchkula, Nada Sahib Gurudwara is a very popular worship place near Chandigarh. The history behind this Gurudwara Sahib is the tenth Sikh Guru (master) Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji along with his warriors fought the battle with Mughals. After winning the battle guruji and his army stayed here while coming back. During his stay a man named Baba Makhan Shah Lubana of the adjoining village served food and milk to him and his army. Impressed from his services Guruji blessed him and said that due to his service the place would be known as Nada Sahib and people’s wishes will be fulfilled here. Every year thousands of worshipers visit Gurudwara Nada Sahib to offer prayers.
Significance: The significance of Gurudwara Nada Sahib is Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji with his army stopped here while on their way to Gurudwara Baoli Poanta Sahib to Anandpur Sahib after winning the battle with mughals. Every month Puranmasi day is celebrated on this place with great devotion.
- Iskcon Sri Radha Madhav Temple – The temple dedicated only to Lord Krishna and Radharani is situated in Chandigarh the beautiful city. This place is one of the most popular worship places of the tricity. According to the traditions of the temple six aartis are offered to the Lord daily by 24 priests along with six bhoga offerings. The Iskcon Sri Radha Madhav Temple is beautifully built with green surroundings.
Significance: Iskcon Sri Radha Madhav Temple is filled with devotees during Janmashthami and other festivals. Janmashthami is celebrated very enthusiastically in this beautiful temple.
- Christ The King Cathedral Church, Sector 19 – Christ the King Cathedral is meant to be the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Church in U.S. The beautiful church is located in Sector 19 of Chandigarh. Christ the King Cathedral Church is the biggest church in Chandigarh city.
Significance: On the eve of Christmas the Christ The King Cathedral Church is decorated very beautifully. Every year thousands of devotees visit this place to offer prayers on the eve of Christmas and other festivities.
- Amb Sahib Gurudwara – In 1659 the seventh guru of Sikhs, Sri Guru Har Rai ji visited this place to meet his devotee Bhai Kooram ji. This historic place is blessed by the Guruji and the mango tree here bears the fruits whole year as commanded by him. The mango fruit is then distributed as a Prasad to the sangat (devotees). Each year on the eve of Sakrant which comes in the month of January a fair is held in the memory of Guruji . which makes it one of the most popular worship places of Chandigarh city.
Significance: Amb Sahib Gurudwara is a blessed place by Sri Guru Har Rai ji as the mango tree here bears fruit all throughout the year. Thousands of devotees visit this historic place on the eve of Sakrant.
- Chandi Devi Temple – Chandi Devi Temple is located on the Chandigarh-Kalka road and 10 kms away from the Mansa Devi Shrine. It is one of the most popular worship places of Chandigarh. The beautiful temple is basically a Siddh Peeth where it is believed that all the wishes come true. This temple is dedicated to Chandi the goddess of power. Chandigarh city was named after Chandi devi temple. People visit this temple the most during the festival of Navratras.
Significance: Chandi Devi Temple is dedicated to the Goddess of Power, Chandi. The Chandigarh city is named after this temple. On the eve of Navratras thousands of devotees visit this historic place.
- Baoli Sahib Gurudwara – Situated on the Zirakpur-Kalka highway near Chandigarh, Gurudwara Baoli Sahib is a very popular worship place in Chandigarh. It is believed that Baba Gurditta ji who lived in the Dhakauli village meditated at this place for many years. On hearing about this man the tenth guru of Sikhs Guru Gobind Singh ji visited this place. The worshiper Baba Gurditta ji requested Guruji to restore the water supply and quench the thirst of the villagers. To this the Guruji shot an arrow into the ground and a baoli (shallow well) sprang out of that place. Many years later a Gurudwara was build here which was named as Baoli Sahib Gurudwara. Each year, thousands of worshipers come here on the eve of Amavas to take a holy dip in the water of the baoli.
Significance: Baoli Sahib Gurudwara was constructed over a place of holy water which was sprang by Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji. Thousands of pilgrims visit this place on Amavas to take a holy dip at this place.
These are some of the Popular Worship Places in Chandigarh which are visited every year by thousands of devotees to offer prayers and seek blessings.
Do visit these Historical places for mental relaxation and significance. Do not forget to enjoy the mouth watering Langar!
This post first appeared on Tricity Events | Chandigarh Mohali Panchkula Events, please read the originial post: here