Healthy Hair usually grows between per month. This means that the key to having fast growing hair is to have healthy hair! Care for your hair by washing it with lukewarm water, conditioning, brushing, and trimming it regularly, and avoiding heated styling tools. Eat plenty of vitamins and minerals and drink lots of water to help your hair stay strong, and to have the best chance at growing out quickly.
EditPreventing Damage to Your Hair
- Use sulfate-free hair care products to protect your hair. Stick to hair care products that are made from natural ingredients, which will keep your hair feeling nourished and moisturized. Sulfate tends to make hair more frizzy and dry, which makes it more prone to breakage in the long-run.
- Using sulfate-free hair products is particularly important if you dye or use chemical treatments on your hair.
- Avoid getting chemical treatments like keratin treatment. Although keratin is essential for strong hair, the ingredients and high temperatures involved in chemical treatments tend to do far more damage than good. Chemical treatments tend to thin your hair, making it more susceptible to breakage and loss.
- Shampoos and conditioners that contain keratin are fine to use, as it’s mainly the process of chemical treatments which is damaging.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water to prevent breakage. After you have finished washing your hair with lukewarm water, rinse it out with cold water to close your hair follicles. This reduces your chances of frizz and hair loss.
- Washing your hair with cold or lukewarm water means that it will be healthier, and therefore it’s able to grow out more quickly.
- Avoid washing your hair with hot or scorching water, and this will strip your hair of moisture, making it more susceptible to falling out.
- You only need to rinse your hair with cold water for a few seconds.
- Use a thin microfiber towel to dry your hair. Wrap your hair up in a microfiber towel in the same way that you would with a thick cotton towel. A microfiber towel will dry your hair without damaging fragile hairs in the same way that a thick cotton towel would.
- Air-drying your hair can also help immensely to keep it healthy. Use a microfiber towel to dry your hair to about 60%, and then let the rest dry naturally.
- Use a silk or satin pillowcase rather than cotton. Change your pillowcase for something softer, such as silk or satin. Cotton pillowcases create friction with your hair, which makes it more prone to damage and less likely to grow out.
- Using a silk or satin pillowcase also means that you will wake up with fewer tangles.
- Avoid using heating tools on your hair to encourage faster growth. Hair straighteners and curling irons can damage and break your hair due to striping away the moisture. Let your hair dry naturally, and avoid styling it with heating tools.
- Your hair will be able to grow out faster when it’s healthy and not damaged.
EditKeeping Your Hair Healthy
- Wash your hair with shampoo 2-3 times per week. Shampoo cleans your hair and strips it of the natural oils from your scalp, which are there to keep your hair soft and healthy. It’s only necessary to fully wash your hair a few times a week, as this avoids drying your hair out through removing the natural oils.
- If you want to feel refreshed on the days in between hair washes, simply rinsing your hair with water will do.
- Condition your hair every time your shampoo it. Once you have rinsed out the shampoo, massage conditioner through your hair. Leave it in for 3-5 minutes before thoroughly rinsing it out.
- Read the label on your conditioner to check how long you should leave your specific product in for.
- Conditioner replaces the proteins and lipids in your hair that are removed through styling your hair with heat and coloring. This helps to keep your hair healthy and strong. Conditioner also makes your hair less prone to breakage.
- Use a deep conditioner once per week to keep your hair moisturized. Heat up your deep conditioner to in the microwave before applying it to your hair. Pay particular attention to the ends of your hair, as this is where the hair is the oldest and most damaged. Leave the deep conditioner in for 15-30 minutes before washing it out.
- Using deep conditioner once per week is a good place to begin. If it makes your hair feel weak or limp, try using the deep conditioner once every 2-3 weeks. Alternatively, if your hair still feels dry, try using the deep conditioner twice per week.
- Brush your hair daily with a natural boar bristle brush. Start brushing your hair from the tips to remove the knots, and slowly work your way up. Don’t brush your hair vigorously.
- Regular brushing helps to stimulate blood flow to your scalp. This means that your strands of hair with be stronger and healthier.
- Brushing your hair also helps to distribute the natural oils from your scalp and down to the tips. This keeps your hair moisturized and protected, meaning that it will be able to grow longer.
- Get your hair trimmed every 10-12 weeks to avoid split ends. Trimming your hair regularly can sound counterintuitive, however this will help your hair to stay healthy and strong, which means that it will grow longer in the long-run. Ask your hairdresser to remove around at each trim.
- Waiting longer in between hair trims may mean that split ends form, which could result in your hair breaking higher up than where it would be trimmed anyway.
- Massage your scalp for 3-5 minutes with your fingertips, once per day. Place 2 fingertips on your scalp, and move them around in a circular motion. Cover the whole of your scalp, pressing firmly but gently.
- Scalp massage promotes blood flow to your hair follicles, which can help to stimulate hair growth.
EditChoosing Nutrition That Enhances Hair Growth
- Eat foods that are protein and biotin rich to possibly help your hair grow. These include chicken, fish, eggs, and soy products just to name a few. Taking a biotin supplement is also a good way to ensure that you reach the recommended intake of 30 micrograms.
- Biotin is also called vitamin H, and it helps your body to metabolize fats, carbohydrates, and amino acids. These are the building blocks of protein, which may assist your hair follicles in growing hair faster.
- Eating a diet that is rich in biotin and protein may also help your nails to be stronger and your eyelashes to grow.
- Consume plenty of vitamins and minerals in your diet. Eat a wide range of fruit and vegetables to help your hair, skin, and nails become healthy and strong. Take a daily multivitamin if you are concerned that you aren’t getting enough of each vitamin and mineral.
- Spinach is a great vegetable to potentially help your hair grow out faster. Spinach is high in protein and vitamins A and C, and each of these helps to moisturize your scalp. Not having enough of these vitamins can make your hair brittle and damaged, which won’t help it to grow quickly.
- Broccoli is another great vegetable which may help your hair to stay healthy and strong. Broccoli is rich in A, C, and essential B vitamins, which aids your hair in staying moisturized, as well as growing thick and healthy.
- If you decide to take a daily multivitamin, make sure that it contains vitamins A, C, and E, to reduce your risk of hair damage and loss.
- Drink of water daily to keep your hair hydrated. Start drinking more water each day by adding an extra glass, and slowly increasing your intake. Staying hydrated means that your hair may become more moisturized and healthy, which may help it to grow longer over a shorter amount of time.
- Plain water doesn’t have to be your only source. Herbal tea is also a good option, and many fruits and vegetables have a high water content.
- There are many expensive, specialty products available that will claim to be able to help you grow your hair at an unnaturally fast rate. Avoid wasting your time and money on these, and stick to caring for your hair through how you wash and treat it, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- There is no quick fix for growing your hair long very fast. Be consistent with how you care for your hair, and you will eventually see results.
- Grow Your Hair Super Long