Installing a Magic Mesh screen is relatively quick and straightforward. Measure things carefully and take your time attaching the mesh. The magnetic strips of the Magic Mesh will allow you to enter and leave effortlessly without worrying about opening or closing a door.
EditPreparing the Magic Mesh
- Spread the Magic Mesh out on the ground. Spread out the Magic Mesh, laying it over the ground or another large, flat surface. Make sure the magnets are aligned in the middle. Note that the top of the Magic Mesh will have a larger gap between the magnets and curtains than the bottom.
- Check the magnets to make sure they align symmetrically. While the Magic Mesh is laid out, open and close the magnets down the middle to see if they attract. Be sure that each set of magnets lines up evenly. If the magnets are not symmetrical, this could leave a gap in your Magic Mesh that will let bugs into your home.
- Note that you will need to separate each pair of magnets before installing the screen.
- Attach the 12 adhesive strips to the Magic Mesh frame. Peel the backing off of the soft side of each adhesive strip. Apply the exposed adhesive directly to the back of the Magic Mesh screen. Spread each of the 12 strips provided across the entire frame of the mesh.
- Make sure that each strip sticks to the screen securely.
EditAttaching the Magic Mesh to the Door
- Wipe down the door frame and let it air dry. Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe away any dirt or debris from the surface of your door frame. Grime can prevent the adhesive strips from sticking to the door frame. Allow the frame to air dry naturally before installing the Magic Mesh screen. 
- Measure the door's height to determine how high to hang the screen. Use a measuring tape to measure the height of the door frame. Taking into account the length of the Magic Mesh, calculate whether or not the mesh will drag on the ground. With a pencil, mark the point you need to hang the top of the mesh to prevent it from touching the ground. 
- Measure the door's width and mark the halfway point. Use a measuring tape to measure the width of your door frame. Note that measurement, then divide it in half to determine where the middle of the door is. Mark the center point with a pencil.
- Attach the top, middle part of the Magic Mesh first. Remove the backings of the adhesive strips that you placed at the halfway point on top of your Magic Mesh. Line up the top of the mesh with the line you marked on top of your door frame. Attach this part of the mesh to the frame.
- Continue sticking the rest of the mesh to your door frame. After attaching the top part of your Magic Mesh, continue around the perimeter of the door. Start with the top of the Magic Mesh, moving out towards one side of the door and then the other. Continue down each side of the door frame, making sure that the mesh hangs evenly.
- Reinforce the mesh with tacks if you have a wooden door frame. For added security, reinforce the Magic Mesh by inserting tacks around the perimeter of the door frame. Put the tacks through the mesh, above or below the adhesive strips. Push the tacks into the wooden frame. 
- This step is only applicable if you have a wooden door frame.
- Omit this step if you are installing your Magic Mesh around any other type of door.
- Test the Magic Mesh screen. Test out your Magic Mesh screen by walking through the center of it several times. The magnets should split apart as you walk through them and close back together once you leave the doorway. If the screen does not work as designed, you may need to reinstall it, moving the panels closer or further apart as necessary.
EditThings You'll Need
- Magic Mesh screen
- 12 adhesive strips (included with kit)
- 12 wood tacks (included with kit)
- Hammer (optional)
- Measuring tape
- A clean, amp cloth