Edit10 Second Summary
1. Open Messages.
2. Create or select a message.
3. Tap and hold the microphone.
4. Say your message.
5. Release the microphone.
6. Listen to the message.
7. Tap the upload button to send.
- Open Messages on your iPhone or iPad. You’ll usually find it on the home screen.
- Create or select a message. You can send a voice message in a new message or in an existing conversation.
- Create a new message: Tap the square with a pencil at the top-right corner of the screen, then enter a contact or phone number.
- Respond to a message: Tap the message to open the conversation.
- Tap and hold the microphone icon. It’s at the bottom-right corner of the typing area. As long as you hold down this button, Messages will continue to record your voice.
- Say your message.
- Lift your finger when you’re finished. Two new icons will appear at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the play button. It’s the circle with a sideways triangle inside. This is optional, but you can do this to hear your message before you send it.
- If you decide you don’t want to send the message, tap the x next to the recording.
- Tap the upload icon. It’s the chat bubble with an arrow inside. The message will be delivered to the recipient. The message will appear in the conversation with a play button beside it.