This wikiHow will teach you how to view your browser History on a Mac using the Safari, Chrome, or Firefox browsers.
- Open Safari. It's the app with the icon that resembles a blue compass and is usually located on dock.
- Click . It's in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- You can view just your recent browser history by hovering the mouse over a recent date in this menu.
- Click . It's at the top of the drop-down menu. This shows you the entire browser history organized by date.
- You can use the keyboard shortcut to open the history in Safari.
- Click ▶ to the left of a date. Click the triangular arrow to the left of any date to expand the browser history for that date in list form.
- If a particular date is not listed, there is no browsing history for that day.
- You can clear the history by clicking Clear history on the top-right of the page.
EditUsing Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome. It's the app with the icon that resembles a red, yellow, green and blue colored ball.
- Click . It's in the menu bar at the top of the screen. This displays a list of Recently Closed sites and a list of Recently Visited sites.
- Click . It's at the very bottom of the drop-down menu. This opens a list of your Chrome browser history.
- You can use the keyboard shortcut to open the history in Chrome.
- Scroll down to view your browser history. Your history will be listed in chronological order and you can keep scrolling to go back further in time.
- You can clear your history by clicking Clear browsing data on the top-left of the page.
EditUsing Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox. It's the app with the icon that resembles an orange fox curled around a blue ball.
- Click . It's in the menu bar at the top of the screen. This opens a drop-down menu.
- Your recent history is displayed at the bottom of this "History" drop-down menu.
- Click . It's the first option at the drop-down menu. This opens a list of your Firefox browser history.
- Select a time period. Click on a day or month in the left column to view history from that date.
- You can clear your history by clicking History in the top menu bar and then select Clear Recent History.