The word “baby” may come from a baby’s babbling, as in “ba-ba-ba-ba. Read 5 amazing facts on New Born Babies.
* A baby can recognize the smell and voice of its mother at birth. It takes a few weeks before a baby can see the difference between its mother and other adults.
* The grasp of a newborn baby is so strong that its whole body can hang in midair, with its bent fingers supporting its weight.
* New babies prefer looking at a drawing of a face rather than a random pattern, and they prefer smiling faces to grumpy ones.
* Babies are born with natural swimming abilities and can hold their breath. However, this ability quickly disappears.
* The brain of a newborn accounts for 10% of its total body weight. In adults this figure is down to 2%.