High Speed Rail Terminal Singapore | Potential HSR Terminal At Tuas West By 2020
Potential high speed rail terminal Singapore sites were announced in local media on 8 April 2014 after Malaysia-Singapore PM Retreat meeting 2014. They are shortlisted to Tuas West, Jurong East and City Centre. Singapore government is smart to keep the locals in suspension and perhaps to only uncover this secret near to pre 2016 election period. My personal take for this HSR terminal will be at Tuas West Site to be ready by 2020 for the following reasons:
- Tuas Link MRT station is strategically located near 2nd causeway link which leads to Nusajaya (i.e. 5 minute drive to Iskandar Flagship B Zone)
- Unused land near by Tuas Link MRT Station (EW33) can be further developed.
- Raffles Country Club members voted down to do a major revamp in one of their two golf courses in Jan 2014. It might be one of SLA’s targets to take back the land for re-development use.
- Quite a big forested area near Raffles Country Club which can be used for future development in the next few decades.
- Heavy Industries at Tuas and Jurong can move up to Iskandar Nusajaya for economical reasons and this can be further made convenient by HSR
- Why Singapore government will want to spend money to duplicate HSR route along with Joo Koon MRT Line to Jurong East Regional Centre or to City Centre? It does not make economical sense too.
- For national security reasons, it may be more feasible to have HSR near to the border
- Land price of Tuas West is much cheaper for this purpose.
For those who speculated HSR terminal to be nearby the future Woodland North MRT, it might be a good time to re-consider whether to invest in properties nearby there.
Below is a snapshot of Tuas West Area. Can you sense the potential here? Just my 2 cts in betting Tuas West as the confirmed location for the HSR terminal. This can be also a challenge to myself to test against my acumen and reasoning. Let’s see the results probably end of Q1 or Q2 2015 for the next announcement.
Hear Other Industry Experts’ Views
HSR Feasibility Study Tender
This post first appeared on Real Estate Investment Blog | Improves Singaporean, please read the originial post: here