1. Elie Wiesel - The renowned author and Nobel Peace Prize winner settled in the US after surviving the horrors of concentration camps during the Holocaust.
2. Nadia Comaneci - The first Olympic gymnast to earn a perfect 10 fled Romania at age 28.
3. Mila Kunis - The Jewish actress came to Los Angeles from Ukraine on a religious refugee visa in 1991.
4. Marlene Dietrich - The Old Hollywood icon was also labeled a traitor when she, too, refused to return to Nazi-controlled Germany.
5. Albert Einstein - The Nobel Prize-winning physicist was in California when Adolf Hitler came into power. After he refused to return home, the Third Reich labeled him a traitor.
6. Gloria Estefan - The award winning singer fled to Miami during the Cuban Revolution in 1960.
7. Wyclef Jean - The singer moved to Brooklyn from his native Haiti when he was just 9 years old.
8. Madeleine Albright - The first female secretary of state came to America to escape communist Czechoslovakia at age 11.
9. Regina Spektor - The Russian singer fled the Soviet Union due to religious persecution in 1989.