1. Tromso, Norway - The largest urban area in Northern Norway is 217 miles north of the arctic circle.
2. Yellowknife, Canada - Canada is an aurora viewing paradise. Thanks to its northern latitude and low light pollution.
3. Iceland - Both the latitude and longitude of the country favor aurora viewing.
4. Fairbanks, Alaska - It is the best place in the U.S. to take in the northern lights.
5. Tasmania - It is one of the closest accessible places to the south magnetic pole . Outside of Antarctica, to see the southern lights.