1. St. Petersburg, Russia - Voted best destination in Europe by the World Travel Awards for the second year in a row.
2. Iceland - It has stunning scenery such as the Blue Lagoon and Gullfoss Waterfall.
3. Malta - Many of the Game Of Thrones locations are filmed here. It also has beautiful beaches and historic sites.
4. Bordeaux, France - The city's rich wine and culinary scene are not to be missed.
5. Montenegro - With over 180 miles of coastline and beaches, it is cheaper alternative to Croatia.
6. London, UK - The weak pound makes 2017 a good year to visit the capital.
7. Finland - Famous for its wilderness, it's one of the best places to see the Northern Lights.
8. Belfast, Ireland - The Titanic attraction was Europe's top travel destination for 2016. It was more popular than the Eiffel Tower.
9. Aarhus, Denmark - The second largest danish city is the 2017 European capital of culture.
10. Lisbon, Portugal - Voted destination of the year by travel + leisure.
11. Modena, Italy - Home to Osteria Francescana which was voted the "Best restaurant in the world."
12. Switzerland - The country is full of picturesque towns with historic chalets nested into mountains.