It’s the holidays but if you’ve been working hard all summer to slim down now is not the time to give up the fight on eliminating that excess Belly fat! If you’ve been religiously coming to myTRAINER, working on your diet and portion control, and drinking lots of water and you are still not seeing fat loss around your mid-section there is probably another culprit. Here are some top reasons why your diet and exercise efforts are not paying off around your mid-section.
- You’re portion controlling but eating too many oils, nuts and other natural fats.
- You may have undiagnosed clinical depression which changes the brain chemistry to the point it’s impossible to lose stubborn belly fat until it’s properly under control.
- You are sticking to your calorie intake limits but too much of your food comes from a box, bag or package.
- Not enough vegetables. Add an extra serving of fresh veggies to thwart hunger and get in more fiber.
- You may need more magnesium. Magnesium-rich foods include bananas, leafy greens and soybeans. Eat something rich in magnesium twice a day.
- Too much diet soda! If you really need a diet soda a day lower the number of food calories you take in to compensate.
- You love burgers but don’t eat enough fish. Dine on fish like salmon once a week and cut back on red meat to get more healthy fats.
- You drink too much alcohol. Stick to seven or fewer drinks per week to avoid carrying excess weight.
- Lower the stress level in your life through yoga, meditation, or journaling. Stress makes your body release cortisol which holds onto belly fat.
- Your meals are not colorful enough. Eat from a variety of color groups including dark green, purple, orange and yellow to ensure your body is getting well-rounded nutrients.
And of course don’t forget to fit in your workouts, drink lots of water, and stretch every day! Your wellbeing starts with a balance of lifestyle, nutrition, and exercise. Keep your health in mind during this holiday rush and your New Year will be bright!
The post Why Your Belly Fat is Still Hanging On appeared first on myTRAINER Highland Park.