What defines a conscious person? It refers to people who have an acute level of awareness and an expansive worldview. Their life focus is exploratory by nature, therefore, unlimited.
They are gestalt in their approach to life – operating from the whole, which leads them to explore both external and internal processes.
Because their curiosity is stronger than their biased inclinations, they know how to free themselves from many of the blocks that keep people stuck, such as; personal judgments, prejudices, fear and one-way thinking.
As they become empowered they begin to move with calmness of mind through every challenge.
How do you begin to raise your consciousness? Below are 12 Effective Ways to begin to develop a manner of conscious living:
- Go within
- Establish your values and commit to living them
- Respect yourself and others
- Face your fears
- Make an honest appraisal of your strengths and weaknesses
- Identify your negative thoughts, feelings and beliefs
- Overcome complacency through self-discipline
- Drop all judgments of yourself and others
- Connect with nature
- Express gratitude
- Practice deep breathing/mindfulness practices/meditation
- Take full responsibility for your thoughts, words, emotions, beliefs and actions
These and other practices when approached with dedication will positively affect all aspects of your being; physical, Emotional, mental and spiritual.
Self-appraisal will open the door leading to clarity of thought, which will allow you to weed out what is no longer useful or needed in your life.
Below are just a few of the benefits:
- Development of focused thought
- Emotional control
- Distractions won’t derail you
- The ability to rise above circumstances
- Heightened intuition, empathy and understanding of humanity
- A solution-based foundation which supports new levels of insights, creativity and guidance
As we move through the 21st century it will be conscious leaders who will be pivotal in running socially responsible, values-driven, innovative companies and organizations.
These insightful visionary leaders will inspire a depth of collective vision and change within the work culture that will transform the world of capitalism.
“We cannot solve our problems with the same
thinking we used when we created them.”
~ Albert Einstein
Back to Mindset Management
This post first appeared on Creating A Better World | The Art Of 21st Century Leadership, please read the originial post: here