10 ‘key things’ you probably do not know about Peter Obi’s running mate
Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party has revealed Datti Baba-Ahmed as his running mate Friday morning.
This is coming barely 12 hours after the running mate “place holder”, Doyin Okupe withdrew from the race.
However, here are some things you probably do not know about the Labour Party Vice Presidential candidate in the 2023 general election:
1) Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed was born to the Baba-Ahmed family in Zaria, Kaduna State, in 1975/1976
2) He is among the thirty-three children of his father, Baba Ahmed, who was an Arab cattle-trader from modern day Mauritania, who later became a notable professor and expert on Islamic jurisprudence.
3) Baba-Ahmed has a BSc and MSc in Economics from the University of Maiduguri in Borno State.
4) He worked in the security Printing and Minting, Lagos before entering into politics.
5) Baba-Ahmed was elected as House of Representatives member for Zaria Federal Constituency on the platform of All Nigeria People’s Party in 2003.
6 ) While in the position, he became known for speaking out against corruption and the Third Term Agenda of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
7) In 2006, while a Federal representative, he earned the title of Doctor of Philosophy when he completed his PhD studies at the University of Westminster.
8) Baba-Ahmed was founder and Pro-Chancellor of Baze University, an independent university located in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria. which opened in April 2011.
9 ) In the April 2011 elections, Baba-Ahmed polled 366,398 votes in the contest for Senator and won the senator seat for Kaduna North from 2011 to 2012.
10) Baba-Ahmed was officially unveiled as the running mate of Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, in the 2023 general election on Friday, July 8, 2022.
The post 10 ‘key things’ you probably do not know about Peter Obi’s running mate appeared first on NEWS.
The post 10 ‘key things’ you probably do not know about Peter Obi’s running mate appeared first on AfroNaija.