A Wireless Network refers to a type of computer network that uses radio waves to transmit messages between various systems or machines within the network. The word ‘wireless’ in the term suggests that it does not involve the use of cables to connect various systems thereby enabling organizations to save the cost of laying down the cables.
These days, the use of wireless networks has become an integral part of communication. Sending data (voice or text) through mobile phones, laptops, fax, and other portable electronic equipment is all possible with a wireless network. From any part of the world, one can easily remain connected to their homes and offices. In other words, they have given rise to easy portability at a very low cost.
They are of great use in rescue operations where landline cables have been destroyed due to catastrophe. Only mobile phones and computers can be used to transmit messages necessary for coordinating the operation tasks.
Types of Wireless Networks
There are mainly four types of wireless networks that are categorized based on the size of the network, the data transmission range, and the speed of data transfer between the systems.
- Wireless Personal Area Network (Wireless PAN):It refers to a network that interconnects devices within a very short range usually around 10 meters. It normally refers to an individual’s personal workspace consisting of his personal devices like laptop and mobile. For example, a Bluetooth radio can connect a headphone to a laptop within the network.
- Wireless Local Area Network (Wireless LAN):It is extensively used to connect systems in workplaces to facilitate data sharing and resource sharing among them. For example, a scanner and a printer can be commonly used by all workstations within a LAN network.
- Wireless Metropolitan Area Network (Wireless MAN):It refers to a network that connects a number of wireless LAN networks within a geographical boundary usually ranging a few kilometers. A MAN network works at high speed and facilitates data exchange by using routers to transmit data from the sender to the receiver. For instance, a group of workplaces within an area can be connected using the network.
- Wireless Wide Area Network (Wireless WAN): It is a type of network that has a very vast range like a country or a continent. For instance, Internet is based on a WAN network. It is used to send data across the world. The network contains cables and packet switching nodes that support data transmission.
Securing Your Wireless Network and Technologies
When we talk about wireless networks, it is of utmost importance to secure the network connection because the world of internet today has given birth to many hackers and cyber criminals. Furthermore, the malicious activities and virtual viruses always pose a threat to your system and all the important data stored in your computer or laptop. Here are some of the measures that can help securing your network connection:
- The first thing you need to take care is your important financial and personal data. You can use wireless sniffing tools to obtain all sensitive information while accessing the net in public places. In such places secure encryption is not available and hence you should follow a comprehensive policy for securing your network.
- At time wireless networking cards can create ad hoc networks and this can prove to be a big concern when it comes to network security. Any attacker can easily use the settings and configuration to gain unauthorized access to all your sensitive information. Ad hoc networks are an easy opportunity for hackers and cyber criminals to commit a cyber crime. Hence, it is on you, how you put your information to public and how strongly you can hold it in a secured environment.
- Make sure that you not share any sensitive file over internet access when you are using a public network. You disable all file sharing in turn will help block unauthorized computer access. With the feature that disables file sharing, no one will ever be able to hack your important files irrespective of the network you are using.
- Then the other way is to connect your system using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). These days Turbo VPN is one of the most popular ones existing in the world of internet with the key function to secure network connection. This works on the concept of secure encryption that caters to encrypting all the sending and receiving files within a specific network and this in turn works strongly to protect and safeguard your sensitive information. This way you are not only able to secure your data but you are also safe while doing online banking and online shopping. If you want to have access to this private network, there are many ways to download turbo VPN on a PC.
- Do keep a strict watch on whatever you do online depending on which network are using. Whether it is public access, office network, or home network, you should undergo all your activities safely and securely. Each and every action that you take, each and every activity that you perform when online, there should be a stern watch.
The present day wireless network has much to offer. However, it is purely on you how you come along and how securely you use your network connection. From surfing information to seek emergency help, wireless network has given a whole new meaning to each and every aspect of your livelihood.
This post first appeared on Top 25 Free Movie Download Sites To Download HD Movies For Free 2020, please read the originial post: here