How to become a food blogger in 4 easy stepsNow there are blogs in every niche with some of them getting trendy and some evergreen. Food blogs seem to never go out of style thanks to a hungry and receptive audience so a recipe blog can become a great investment into your hobby that can easily transform into the job. All people always want to eat and when they run out of ideas and want to try something new or improve the dishes they already know, it`s time for bloggers to step up and get their attention.
Reasons to start a recipe blogThanks to the popularity of food blogging, now you can demonstrate your cooking skills, share your unique recipes with the readers and learn many new ideas from other bloggers at the same time. You can create a blog providing you:
- Love cooking and do it excellent (maybe you are even a professional);
- Love teaching others and share your expertise;
- Want to challenge your skills by learning more and get your audience interested;
- Want to become a part of a community to exchange ideas;
- Aim to transform your hobby into a real job.
This is likely to be a difficult task and you cannot just ask someone «Please, do my homework for me». But as long as it brings you pleasure, this will 100% work out.
Key things to know about establishing your first blogNow due to the technology development, anyone can start a blog as it is not expensive and available for everyone, you only need to know how. We will make this task easier for you by presenting a quick useful manual on how to start a food blog. The whole process basically consists of 4 main steps:
- Research on the topic of your blog;
- Arrange the blog technically on WordPress;
- Create the first content (articles and visual);
- Promote the blog to reach the audience.
#1 ResearchThere are hundreds of food blogs all over the web and not everyone has a twist while it is necessary to stand out, attract and hold the readers. With more general information you will have hard times driving traffic from search engines as people are usually searching for specific items of specific authoritative bloggers. That is why try to avoid having a wide variety of topics concentrating on something specific instead, for example, recipes, a certain cuisine, cooking adventures, restaurant food, product reviews, vegan blogs, etc. Find a gap in the market and give people what they look for.
#2 SetupProbably, the easiest content management system for a starting blogger will be WordPress as it is flexible enough and has many free options. To get your blog functioning, you will need to:
- Choose your unique domain name people can identify you by. Make sure it is brief, easy to spell and relive;
- Get a reliable web host where all your info and files will be stored;
- Pick a recognizable theme and take care of plugins to see how the blog will look and function like;
- Take care of SEO (keywords and image optimization for search engines);
- Make sure your content is mobile-friendly.
#3 Content planDo you remember your group mates that had to pay for essay because they were struggling with their writing assignments? A good blog requires creativity and great writing skills to make readers stay and enjoy your articles. This is the crucial part of your blog so you have to stuff it with evergreen and original content of high quality based on SEO, infographics, and videos that describe the process of cooking and maybe even audio podcasts. Never ever use plagiarized content for your blog.
#4 PromotionTo get the followers you need to think about different ways of getting traffic (people) to your blog. It can be done by the four most popular sources:
- Search engines with SEO and PPC tactics employed;
- Guest posting on other blogs;
- Email marketing to reach potential users;
- Social media with accounts on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and other networks.
Once you build your audience, you can use Google AdSense to start making money from your blog as every work should be rewarded. You can benefit from advertisements like banners of meal delivery services, native ads, sponsor posts and ads of culinary utilities placed in your texts. For example, Amazon converts really well so you can start by implementing this one and then try with others.
Finding a reliable affiliate and focusing on methods of driving traffic to them you can create a great source of additional income that will allow you to make more experiments with your blog. Just try to choose the ads specifically relevant to your audience to make it work.
This post first appeared on Top 25 Free Movie Download Sites To Download HD Movies For Free 2020, please read the originial post: here