The Outlook is an email client application that sends and receives emails and it also manages other personal items like calendar, contacts, events, journals, etc. In Outlook it normally happens that, at one time your Outlook is working fine but the next moment it starts showing you an error, for example, error 0x800ccc1a. When such type of error occurs the real problem starts. However, in this post, we are going to explain to you how to fix Outlook error 0x800ccc1a.
The Error indicates the following message:
Cause of the Outlook error 0x800cccc1aThis type of bug is caused when you try to connect to the mail server through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and it is not able to establish the connection. It is because of the fact that SSL encryption is disabled for the e-mail account. In other words, we can say that MS Outlook sends receive error 0x800ccc1a occurs when a user tries to send or receive emails. Since Outlook has two servers for sending and receiving emails both, hence if the email client application is unable to contact one server then the user will receive an error due to incorrect settings.
Symptoms of Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a
- PC frequently crashes with the error while running the same program.
- The error occurs and it crashes the window.
- Windows runs slowly and taking too much time to respond to mouse and keyboard input.
- The computer system freezes regularly for a few seconds.
Methods to fix the outlook error 0x800ccc1aHere the common troubleshooting techniques to fix the error 0x800ccc1a are as follows
Method 1. Reconfiguration of SSL encryption and SMTP & POP Port Number settings
You can avoid such error completely by reconfiguring and changing certain settings that would prevent the reasons for such errors.
- Start by Launching MS Outlook.
- Click on File >> Account Settings button (in case of Outlook 2010 and above).
- Click on Tools and then click on the Account Settings button (in case of Outlook 2002 Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007).
- In the Account Settings dialogue box, select the E-mail tab and then Double-Click on the account on which you would like to make the changes.
- On the Check E-mail Account dialogue box which appears, click on More Settings.
- Internet E-mail Settings will open, click on the Advanced tab, then uncheck the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) and click on OK.
- SMTP: 465
- POP: 995
- Click on Open File Explorer and go to the path: \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office.
- Next, click on scanpst.exe and browse to locate and select the corrupted .pst file.
- Then, click on Start to repair the file.
- Now click on Repair to repair any error found in the Outlook PST file.
- Soon, when the repair is complete, it will be displayed.
There are even circumstance during the installation of MS Outlook, the files to be installed get corrupt, and this might turn out to be the reason for the error 0x800ccc1a as discussed earlier. To fix this particular problem, the simple and only solution is to reinstall MS Outlook or repair the installation procedure. The process for this is mentioned as follows
- Open the Control Panel on your PC and click on Programs >> Programs and Features.
- Search Microsoft Office 2016 from the list and highlight it.
- Click Change.
- Select Quick Repair and Repair then follow the prompt commands.
- Find Microsoft Office 2013 from the list and highlight it.
- Click Change.
- Select Repair and Continue then follow the prompts.
- When the repair is finished, please try the sync again.
- Find Microsoft Office 2010 from the list and highlight it.
- Click Change.
- Select Repair and Continue then follow the prompts
- After that try to sync again.
- Open Microsoft Office 2007.
- On the Help menu, click Office Diagnostics.
- Click Continue, and then Start Diagnostics.
- Open Control Panel(Start>Settings>Control Panel)
- Select Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Microsoft Office/Outlook
- Click the Change.
- Select the Reinstall or Repair button, click Next.
- Select Detect and Repair.
ConclusionThe above-mentioned techniques are some of the most commonly used methods that let you fix the error 0x800ccc1a in MS Outlook. However, if you find out that the above-mentioned methods are not working properly, then you can use the Professional Tool.
This post first appeared on Top 25 Free Movie Download Sites To Download HD Movies For Free 2020, please read the originial post: here