To diagnose and treat a condition, you have to be aware of its symptoms. Same goes for alcoholism. To figure out whether someone has the problem of alcoholism, you need to learn about the symptoms of alcoholism. However, one does not become an alcohol addict overnight.
Alcoholism is a disorder. Experts have a name for the severe problem of alcohol. The combination of alcohol abuse and alcohol dependence is alcoholism. This chronic relapsing brain disease includes:
- A bad mood when not consuming alcohol
- Compulsive alcohol consumption
- Loss of control when it comes to alcohol
88,000, this is the number of lives lost every year in the US due to alcohol-related causes. When it comes to alcoholism with smoking, poor diet and lifestyle, this kills even more.
Alcohol is responsible for 31% of the driving-related deaths.
Nearly 16 million Americans are struggling with AUD. The problem of AUD ranges from mild to moderate to severe.
DiagnosisMedical practitioners use the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. In this manual, you have to answer 11 questions to evaluate the symptoms of alcoholism. If you are experiencing two of the symptoms of alcoholism in a 12-month period, you should visit an alcohol rehab center for AUD treatment. There you will be asked the following questions:
- How much time have you spent on drinking?
- How often did you want to drink so badly that you did not think about anything?
- Did you keep on drinking even when it was causing trouble?
- Did you have to drink much more to get the effect?
- Had you been sick due to drinking?
- How many times had this problem interfered with your responsibilities?
The stages of AUDFollowing are the behavioral signs of the earliest stages of AUD:
- You are drinking more than planned.
- Your friends and family members are concerned, but you continue to drink.
- You have frequently attempted to quit drinking or at least limit your alcohol intake.
This can lead to more problems, such as:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Digestive disorder
Get HelpYou can visit an alcohol rehab center for help. These centers have experienced therapists offering personalized programs to help patients struggling with AUD. A comprehensive treatment plan includes family counseling, group therapy, yoga and other activities.
Some alcohol treatment centers offer inpatient therapies and some offer outpatient therapies. So, find one of the best drug & alcohol treatment centers and get treated now.
This post first appeared on Top 25 Free Movie Download Sites To Download HD Movies For Free 2020, please read the originial post: here