One of the most beneficial services accessible on the internet is Email. The transfer of a message from one user to another within a few seconds seems easy. However, there are several procedures behind this technology. There are various internet systems involved in transferring of emails. The majority of them use SMTP as a mean to transmit email between sender and receiver. SMTP or Simple Mail Transfer Protocol acts as a postman. Through smtp email hosting, the messages are collected by the server, and they are delivered to the recipients.
Requirements for SMTP
Before setting up a hosted SMTP, it is essential to know its prerequisites. You are required to attain the following information from your email service provider or mail administrator such as:
- Host Name: This is the main hosted email platform for your SMTP server. In other words, you have to choose a specific service like Gmail, Yahoo or Microsoft Outlook.
- Port: You have to select a port to give access to your mail server to create a two-way communication. There are three main ports (25, 465 and 587), which supports SMTP.
- SSL and Authentication: You have to decide whether or not your SMTP server will include SSL connections and authentication (SSL and authentication is recommended).
- Username and Password: Finally, you need to have a unique username along with a password for the mail account.
Setting Up an SMTP Connection
Following is the standard procedure for setting up an SMTP connection:
- Choose “Account Settings” option from the “Tools” menu of your hosted email service.
- Select the “Outgoing server (SMTP)” option
- Click the “Add…” button in order to create a new SMTP. Once clicked, you will see a pop-up window
- Simply fill all the details, such as
- Description: An informal name to identify the server (recommended using names of the email hosted services like Yahoo or Gmail)
- Server Name: Server specification of SMTP
- Port: It could be any port (25, 465 or 587)
- Connection Security: It is recommended to use SSL extension
- Authentication Method: Keep password as your authentication method
- User Name: Enter your email address.
How does SMTP work?Through SMTP hosting, your email is delivered to one or multiple recipients in the following steps:
- Email from sender’s device is transferred to the SMTP server
- From the SMTP server, the email is then moved to the domain server
- Once it is reached to the domain, the email is then passed to the POP/IMAP server
- Finally, the POP/IMAP server delivers the message to the end-user (recipient)
This post first appeared on Top 25 Free Movie Download Sites To Download HD Movies For Free 2020, please read the originial post: here