Live Streaming company has found a new way to make space in our mobile phones, workplaces, living rooms as well as community spaces. In the modern world, audiences demand smooth video delivery and high-definition content, irrespective of the device or place. In the recent past, there has been tremendous improvement in delivering live videos, therefore, industry leaders have been compelled to focus on strengthening the streaming technology. Considering improved connectivity, maximum quality and minimized latency, here are top 5 live streaming advancements that is expected to take the world by storm in the year 2019.
The Top 5 Live Streaming Advancements are:
1. 5G –The fifth generation of mobile communications, 5G is expected to roll out in the year 2019. As of now, we rely on 4G connectivity for high speed internet. The 5G capable device will not just be newer, reliable and faster, but it will also be a massive breakthrough in the way devices connect to the internet and also in the way they connect with each other. It is being speculated that 5G connectivity will shape the streaming technology and will make applications a reality like self-driving cars and surgical operations. 5G will have improved coverage and higher speeds; however the rollout will be slow. Let’s see how the world of live video streaming services will be changed with such high-speed mobile connectivity.
- Expanded use cases – Connectivity improvements with help in reducing the barriers to use streaming for different applications. Live video is totally dependent on mobile and connected devices.
- Energy consumption – The computing resources required can be minimized with improvements in the coverage. The viewers can stay connected to the live streams in poor service zones with the help of 5G.
- Low latency – Faster upload and download speeds enables devices to communicate efficiently. 5G is expected to send and receive information in less than or around 1 millisecond, whereas even human reaction takes over 200 milliseconds. When talking about streaming, digital objects will be able to replicate the real-time interactions.
2. 4K –
A giant screen, crisp resolution, stunning picture sums up what 4K is made of. Sufficient bandwidth to accommodate a 4K stream, along with a capable device that can render the content makes live sporting event a treat to watch. 4K resolution is the number of pixels displayed on the screen, which are roughly 4,000 pixels across the width of the screen. Four 1080 p displays fit inside one 4K display, just imagine the level of clarity offered with 4K. It was an instant hit among consumers and content creators alike. Although video on demand streaming services delivers content since a long time, adoption lags just in live stream. The speed of transfer from the server to screen is easy with a high-resolution stream. Viewing live broadcast solutions without sufficient bandwidth is not quite possible. The latency and connectivity is expected to change in the year 2019.
3. CMAF –
Common Media Application Format or CMAF is an emerging standard that is expected to decrease the video format complexity. CMAF will streamline the server efficiency for serving most of the endpoints and will also reach the broadest audience possible.
The features of CMAF are -
- Chunked encoding - An industry wide effort to decrease latency with chunked encoding. The process involves, breaking a video into small chunks with set duration, which can publish as soon as it is encoded. This enhances near-real-time delivery, while the later chunks continue processing.
- Single format - The MPEG transport stream container format was used by Apple’s HLS protocol, or .ts (MPEG-TS). DASH used fragmented MP4 format, or .mp4 (fMP4). It has now been decided by Apple and Microsoft that the content will reach the audiences using a standard transport container- ISOMFF in the form of fragmented MP4. This means that content distributors can deliver content using just the .mp4 container.
4. SRT –
Secure Reliable Transport or SRT is an alternative to alternative proprietary video transport technology, which has been designed to deliver low-latency streams over suboptimal networks. SRT enables content distributors to achieve pristine video quality, minimal lag and smooth playback. It can be ideally used by broadcasters that require low-latency content acquisition, multi-site events that are being live-streamed worldwide, streaming workflow complicated by first-mile challenges and remote event production on less-than-ideal networks. With SRT be assured of smooth playback and minimal lag.
5. WebRTC –
About the author –Saanvi is a creative blogger and social media marketing manager. Her interest is in researching the latest technologies of social media, science and write about all kinds of topics in the worldwide. In her free time, she loves to travel and reading fiction books.
This post first appeared on Top 25 Free Movie Download Sites To Download HD Movies For Free 2020, please read the originial post: here