Anil Kapoor Wiki, Age, height, Family, Education, Movies List, Diet & (Lot More)Anil Kapoor is an Indian Film actor and producer who has an immense contribution in the Indian film industry with a career spanning over 40 years.
He is one of the most iconic Bollywood actors who is known worldwide for his movies and marvelous acting skills.
He has done over 118 films in Bollywood and most of them were successful.
He has won six Filmfare awards and two National Film Awards in the acting field.
He made his International debut with Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire.
At the age of 61 years, he is still in demand and people still want to see him on screen purely because of his breathtaking acting performances.
Anil Kapoor Profile (Information)
|Anil Kapoor Latest Pic|
- Real Name - Anil Kapoor
- Nickname - Lakhan, Munna
- Profession - Actor, Producer
- Date of Birth
(DOB) - 24th December 1956
- Age (as in 2018) - 61 Years Old
- Birth Place - Tilak Nagar, Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Hometown - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Address - 31 Shrinagar, 7th Road, JVPD Scheme, Mumbai, India
- School - Our Lady of Perpetual Succour High School (Boys School)
- College - St.Xavier's College, Mumbai
- Education - 12th Standard ( he was expelled from St.Xavier College, Mumbai, in the 2nd year because of short attendance)
- Study - He studied acting at Roshan Taneja School of Acting
- Height - 175 cm
1.75 in m
5' 9" Feet Inches
- Weight - 71 Kg or 156 Pounds
- Chest - 42 Inches
- Waist - 34 Inches
- Biceps - 14 Inches
- Body Type - Normal
- Favorite Restaurant - The Bar at Dorchester, London, England
- Favorite Colors - White, Black, Grey & Blue
- Favorite Destination - London (He also has a home there)
- Favorite Sports - Cricket & Football
- Favorite Directors - Stephen Spielberg, Subhash Ghai, Danny Boyle
- Favorite Actors - Raj Kapoor, Dev Anand, Dilip Kumar, Shammi Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Shashi Kapoor
- Favorite Actresses - Sridevi, Shabana Azmi, Ratna Pathak Shah
- Favorite Weather - Winter
- First Car - Fiat
- First Hindi Movie - Tu Payal Mein Geet (1971) (Never Released)
- First Telugu Movie - Vamsa Vrushkam (1980)
- First Kannada Film - Pallavi Anu Pallavi (1983)
- First Lead Role - Woh Saat Din (1983)
- First Movie as Producer - Badhaai Ho Badhaai (2002)
- First International Movie - Slumdog Millionaire (2008) (British Film)
- First Hollywood Movie - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)
- First TV Debut - 24 (American TV Series) (2010)
- First Indian TV Debut - 24 (2013)
- First Web Series - Oasis (2017)
- First Animated Movie - Mahabharat (Gave his voice to Karna)
- First Filmfare Award - For Mashaal (1984) for Best Supporting Actor
- First National Award - For Pukar (2000) for Best Actor
- Father - Late Surinder Kapoor (died at the age of 85 in 2011)
- Mother - Nirmal Kapoor aka Suchitra Kapoor
- Brothers - Boney Kapoor (Elder) & Sanjay Kapoor ( Younger)
- Sister - Reena Marwah
- Marital - Married
- Wife - Sunita Kapoor (married on 19th May 1984)
- Daughters - Sonam Kapoor & Rhea Kapoor
- Son - Harshvardhan Kapoor
Girlfriend - Madhuri Dixit (Rumor), Amrita Singh (Rumor) & Kimi Katkar (Rumor)
- Eye Color - Brown
- Hair Color - Black
- Nationality - Indian
- Religion - Hindu
- Birth Sign - Capricorn
- Caste - Khatri
- Fees Per Film - 1 to 2 Crores
- Net Worth - 122 Crores Rupees
$18 Million Dollars
- Hobbies - Gymming, Swimming, Travelling
- Endorsements - Mont Blanc Pens, Mastercard, Dabur Ratnaprash, Micromax AC, Bluebird Pure RO Water Purifier, Puro Healthy Salt, Godrej Expert Powder Hair Color, Renault Pulse Car
Early Life And Family
Anil was born in Tilak Nagar, Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India on 24th December 1956.
His father Surinder Kapoor was a film producer & his mother Nirmal Kapoor was a housewife.
He used to play barefoot with his friends because he didn't like wearing shoes in his childhood.
They used to live in Raj Kapoor's garage because of lack of money and Anil used to work there to support his family.
He did his schooling from boys school called Our Lady of Perpetual Succour High School and later on joined St.Xavier's College in Mumbai for graduation but he was expelled in the 2nd year because his attendance was short.
He wanted to go National School of Drama in New Delhi because he felt that it would be better if he goes there to study acting but everyone around him told him to go Pune Film Institute.
He also tried to enter Pune Film Institute to study acting but didn't get in as he failed the written examination.
he went to Roshan Taneja's acting school to study acting there.
His first car was a Fiat.
|Anil Kapoor Ka Pariwar (Family)|
Mother - Nirmal Kapoor a.k.a Suchitra Kapoor always stayed away from the limelight and she is currently 88 years old.
Elder Brother - Boney Kapoor is an Indian film producer and the husband of late actress Sridevi and Mona Shourie Kapoor. Like his father, he produced most of his movies where Anil Kapoor was the main protagonist. The most memorable movie that he produced was "Mr. India".
Younger Brother - Sanjay Kapoor is an Indian actor whose career is also very long but he was not able to make the same rapport as Anil Kapoor. He started his career with Prem (1995) and he is still seen in many films.
Sister - Reena Marwah is the only sister among four children. She is married to industrialist Sandeep Marwah who is also the owner of Marwah Studios in Noida, Delhi NCR, India which gives film acting training. She has two sons, one is Mohit Marwah who is married to Antra Motiwala who is the niece of Tina Munim Ambani and other is Akshay Marwah who is known for making over 2,000 short films.
Wife - Sunita Kapoor was a costume designer when she met Anil. They first met at Rajiv Kapoor's party in 1974. They got married in the year 1984 and dated for almost five years before marriage. She is the first cousin of Ranvir Singh's father that's how they are connected. She doesn't give many public appearances. They together have two daughters Sonam Kapoor, Rhea Kapoor and one son Harshvardhan Kapoor.
|Anil Kappor with his wife and Children|
Younger Daughter - Rhea Kapoor (born in 1987) is like her grandfather is a film producer. She has produced 3 movies Aisha, Khoobsurat & Veere Di Wedding.
Son - Harshvardhan Kapoor (born in 1990) is an actor who is just at the starting of his career right now. He has done just two movies Mirzya & Bhavesh Joshi.
Anil Kapoor Family Tree
Anil made his first acting debut when he was just 14 years old as a child artist in Tu Payal Mein Geet (1971) as a young Shashi Kapoor but it was never released.
Interesting Story: He said that after shooting for the movie Tu Payal Mein Geet. I didn't take the makeup off for two days. After shooting he went to the school next day without taking a bath with makeup on for everyone to see that someone special has entered the school.
|Anil And Madhuri In Tezaab|
He then shifted his focus to South Indian cinema and made his Telugu film debut as a lead role in Bapu's Vamsa Vruksham in 1980. He also appeared in two Hindi movies in the same year, Ek Baar Kaho & Hum Paanch.
He was then seen in Shakti (1982) again in a small role and after that, he made his Kannada film debut with Pallavi Anu Pallavi in 1983 directed by Mani Ratnam.
In 1983 he made his debut as a leading actor in Bollywood with Woh Saat Din directed by Bapu which made him a household name all across India. At the same time, his brother Boney Kapoor wanted him to do the movie called 'I Love You' but he chose Woh Saat Din and it changed his life.
Then he did Mashaal (1984) starring legendary actor Dilip Kumar and Kapoor showed his true acting colors in that film which landed him the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor.
In the same year, he did Chameli Ki Shaadi directed by Basu Chatterjee starring him & Amrita Singh which became one of the best comedies of all time in Indian cinema. Kapoor's performance in that movie was outstanding.
In 1985 he did the movie Yudh in which he spoke the iconic dialogue "Maska Hai Maska... Ek Dum Jhakaas" the word 'Jhakaas' stayed with him forever and many people call him 'Jhakaas' and it looks cool on him.
Anil got the leading role in Shekhar Kapur's Sci-Fi movie Mr. India in 1987 alongside Sridevi which became the biggest hit of that year. It is still considered as one of the best Sci-Fi movies Bollywood has ever made.
Interesting Fact: Anil was not the first choice for Mr. India but it was Amitabh Bachchan but he backed out that's how Kapoor got the film.
With Tezaab in 1988, he bagged the second Filmfare award for the best actor which was also a blockbuster (massively successful) at the box office.
Next year in 1989 he did Ram Lakhan with Jackie Shroff and Madhuri Dixit which became the second biggest movie of that year in terms of Box Office. His role as a cheerful young brother became super famous and the song 'My name is Lakhan' is still considered one of his best songs ever.
|Anil in Ram Lakhan|
'Kishen Kanhaiya' was his first film in 1990 in which he essayed the role of twin brothers which became a hit. With 'Ghar Ho To Aisa' the same year he proved that small family films can also work at the box office.
Then for the first time, he shaved his mustache for Yash Chopra's 'Lamhe'. The film was a flop in India but it did well overseas. Benaam Badsha in 1991 with Juhi Chawla was also a failure.
Beta was his first release in 1992 alongside Madhuri Dixit which was the biggest film of that year in terms of money. He also won the second Filmfare award for Best Actor.
In 1993, Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja produced by Boney Kapoor was a disaster at the box office. Then he gave a successful film named 'Laadla'.
1942: A Love Story was his next film which did well at the box office and his performance was also applauded. Trimurti released in 1995 was a disaster at the box office.
In 2000 as well he did Pukar for which he won his first National Film Award for Best Actor and also the Filmfare award for best actor.
Anil Kapoor Awards (With Movies)
In 2001 came his finest performance considered by many in Nayak movie where he becomes CM for one day and catches all the corrupts in the city.
After Nayak, he started getting character roles instead of lead role. But he still kept his actor inside him alive and kept giving amazing performances.
He did his first international film academy award, winning British film Slumdog Millionaire in 2008. He did his first Hollywood movie in Tom Cruise starer Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011).
He also got National Award for his own production movie Gandhi, My Father.
He made his TV debut with the remake of American TV series '24'. It took him 1.5 years to completely acquire the rights of series and finally it was made in 2013.
Anil Kapoor latest Interview
Anil Kapoor Best Movies (Hit Movies) List
|Anil Kapoor (In Mr. India)|
- Woh Saat Din
- Chameli Ki Shadi
- Kishen Kahaniya
- Ghar Ho To Aisa
- Mr. India
- Dil Dhadkane DO
Anil Kapoor Funny (Comedy) Moives List
|Anil Kapoor Wallpaper (Funny)|
- Chameli ki shadi (1986)
- Mr. India (1987)
- Kishen kahnaiya (1990)
- Jamai Raja (1990)
- Khel (1992)
- Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja (1993)
- Andaz (1994)
- Mr Bechara (1996)
- Deewana Mastana (1997)
- Jhooth Bole Kauwa Kaate (1998)
- Gharwali Baharwali (1998)
- Biwi No. 1 (1999)
- No Entry (2005)
- Welcome (2007)
- No Problem (2010)
- Welcome Back (2015)
- Mubarkan (2017)
Anil Kapoor & Sridevi Movies List
- Karma (1986) (opposite Poonam Dhillon)
- Jaanbaaz (1986) (opposite Dimple Kabadia)
- Mr. India (1987)
- Ram Avtar (1988)
- Joshilaay (1989)' (opposite meenakshi)
- Lamhe (1991)
- Heer Ranjha (1992)
- Aasman Se Gira (1992)
- Roop Ki Rani Choron ka Raja (1993)
- Gurudev (1993)
- Laadla (1994)
- Mr. Bechara (1996)
- Judaai (1997)
Anil Kapoor & Madhuri Dixit Movies List
|Anil Kapoor & Madhuri Dixit Movies|
- Hifazat (1987)
- Tezaab (1998)
- Ram Lakhan 1989)
- Parinda (1989)
- Kishen Kanahiya (1990)
- Jiven Ek Sangharah (1990)
- Pratikar (1991)
- Beta (1992)
- Zindagi Ej Juaa (1992)
- Khel (1992)
- Dil tera Aashiq (1993)
- Rajkumar (1996)
- Pukar (2000)
- Lajja (2001)
Anil Kapoor House
Anil Kapoor has one of the most beautiful houses in the Bollywood Industry. The three-storeyed bungalow in Juhu, Mumbai, is the home of Anil & his wife along with their three children Sonam Kapoor, Rhea Kapoor and Harshvardhan Kapoor.
|Anil Kapoor House inside|
Anil Kapoor wife, Sonam Kapoor, is a fashion designer, and she beautifully showcased her splendid designs all over the home, with a range of delightful wall hangings dazzling Indian paintings. The house inside also includes dotted rugs, elegant stairs, and gorgeous potted plants, everything is super amazing.
Another magnificent feature of Anil's house is that it has been a witness of some of the most stunning Bollywood parties and this home famously known for Anil's generous hospitality, and also you have to eat along with him and it doesn't matter who comes in the house a big celebrity or not.
Anil Kapoor Cars List (Collection)
Anil Kapoor has the marvelous collection of luxury cars, ranges from Audi to BMW to Mercedes and so forth. Anil Kapoor cars list is down below:
Audi A8 L
Anil Kapoor Daily Routine & Diet
Anil Kapoor is undoubtedly the only actor in Bollywood who beats age for years. Amazingly, everyone just stunned looking at him after so many years looks as fit as young as he was before. The secret of his fitness lies in his strict daily routine and positive attitude.
He wakes up in the morning at exact 6 a.m. Then he drinks a glass of water, he drinks almost 4-5 liters every day. he said this is the key to keep your skin healthy and young. Then he drinks a little bit tea, go to his gym, almost 45 minutes of cardio and a few minutes of weights training, after that, he takes a shower and starts his daily routine work.
He changes his workout routine daily. He also does yoga, swimming, cycling and running every week.
He never indulges into drinking although his fellow actors do, so he is kind of a boring guy in the industry (he stated). He also not went to the late night parties and simply eat his night meal and went to sleep. This simplest way of living he founds out to be the reason for being fit for so many years.
He said one and a half hour of your day you should dedicate totally to yourself (it involves no one except you) both mentally and physically. He said this is the key positivity, strength, and everything you need from yourself.
Diet includes protein shakes, fish, chicken, turkey, salad, chicken ham, Cereals, oats, fruits etc
Favorite Dishes - Baigan Ka Bharta With Rotis, Mooli Ka Parathas, Gujarati Thali, Teriyaki (Japanese), Grilled Chicken, Grilled Fish.
Anil Kapoor Then & Now
Stay fit and active is another thing but looks almost same after so many years is a remarkable achievement. That's what out great Indian actor Mr. Anil Kapoor has been done and leave everyone amazed with his stunning looks.
Commencing his career in the late 70's and till this year 2018, he almost looks same, 40 years have been passed in Bollywood and he still looks amazing. Here are some tips for aged people who want to look and feel younger.
- Discipline yourself to strict to exercise and eat right thing at right time.
- Go To bed early and sleep well for 7-8 hours.
- Always stay with positive people and keep yourself away from negativity.
- Have a good diet regime which keeps your body and mind active and fit.
- Drink 4-5 litres water everyday, that's the secret.
|Anil Kapoor then and Now (Wallpaper))|
- He was very popular among girls from his childhood. He always had more girls friends than guy friends.
- He went to Sunil Dutt for the movie 'Rocky' but he was rejected by him. He instead took Sanjay Dutt for this movie who made his debut with this film.
- He always believed in bringing his best on screen and takes his work very seriously. While shooting for one film he asked Jackie Shroff to really slap him on the face so that it looks real. He took around 32 slaps from Jackie and in the end, the shot became very real.
- Anil spends a lot of time in search of a role in Subhash Ghai film and finally, he got the role in Meri Jung (1985). The day he signed this movie the same night he went to Sunita (then girlfriend) and proposed her for marriage and the next day they got married. Only 12 to 13 people were present at the wedding.
- He likes wearing same clothes again and again. He has two pairs of jeans at home one black and another is blue. His stylist always gets annoyed with him as he keeps buying clothes but never wears them.
- He revealed in an interview that, " I never thought I would become a star one day but I always wanted to be an actor."