If you are looking for your next vacation spot, then stop, because Punta Cana in Dominican Republic has everything you want for a perfect vacation. You should head here for rest, relaxation, and the glorious Punta Cana weather that is available year-round. This resort town is on the easternmost province of the island and the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean surrounds both shores. It is one of the few areas of the world where people can enter two bodies of water at the same time.
You’ll love Punta Cana if…
- You want to spend time on the beach with family
- You want to golf at one of the premier golf courses in the world
- You enjoy all-inclusive resorts
- You want to go on a safari
Where should you head to?
Bàvaro Beach is nearby and worth the short drive from Punta Cana for you to enjoy walking along ten kilometres of beautiful shoreline.
Adventures await you at HorsePlay Tours Punta Cana, where you can put together your own package, with options like visiting local villages, zip lining, horseback riding, and sitting down for an authentic Dominican meal.
You can also step back in time at the Altos de Chavón. This replica of a 16th century Mediterranean Village offers a glimpse into the working life of artists as well as displaying the history of the area.
If you love chocolate, then you should visit the ChocoMuseo Punta Cana to learn how chocolate is made. The entire process is a lot of work, but guests get to do it all on Punta Cana time!
The waves off the Atlantic can really come in strong, so surfers will want to head to that side of the shore to do some surfing. Beginners can get some lessons from the Macao Surf Camp.
There are plenty of Punta Cana restaurants for people to choose from, but the best ones for local cuisine include Jellyfish Beach Restaurant, La Yola Restaurant, and The Grill.
At night, you should head over to Coco Bongo for the exciting nightlife. During the busiest times of the year, there can be twelve shows a night, which means lots of entertainment in between all those drinks.
You shouldn’t miss:
- A side trip over to Puerto Plata
- An adventure with the dolphins at Dolphin Island
- Tee off at the Punta Espada Golf Course (Jack Nicklaus designed it)
- Jeep safari tour
Watch out for:
- BRT Weekend 4 Day Caribbean Music Festival in May
- Dominican Carnival in Puerto Plata and Punta Cana in February and March
- Punta Cana Food and Wine Festival in July