Nayanthara is a renowned and established name in the South Indian Film industry today. Although she was born as Diana Mariam Kuriyan in Bengaluru, out of a Malayali Christian family, her contribution extends to Tamil, Telegu, Malayalam and Kannada movies as well. And her efforts cannot go unnoticed.
The Glamour Queen of Tamil Cinema
- Her debut in Malayalam Cinema was with Jayaram in the film Manassinakkare by Sathyan Anthikad. After that there was no looking back. She acted in two more Malayalam films – Natturajavu and Vismayathumbathu.
Image Credit: Movie – Chandramukhi
- She has also acted outside of Malayalam films her debut being in the Tamil film Ayya followed by a massive Tamil hit, Chandramukhi, where she shared screen with the great Rajnikanth.
- She has also acted in Ghajini by AR Murugadoss, the Hindi remake of which starring Aamir Khan was a massive commercial hit.
- Her Telugu breakthrough initiated with Lakshmi followed by Boss in the year 2006. The same year proved to be in her favor as she appeared in four other movies – Vallavan , E , Kalvanin Kadhali and Thalaimagan.
Image Credit: Movie – Billa
- She has, however, outdone herself in Billa released in 2007 and earned the title “The glamour queen of Tamil cinema”.
- Yaaradi Nee Mohini was a major film in 2008 and in 2010 all of her movies were major hits beginning with Adhurs.
- Her debut in Kannada cinema was with Super. She was nominated as the Best actress (Filmfare Awards) for Simha , Super and Boss Engira in their respective languages as well.
- She bagged the Filmfare award for best actress for Raja Rani in 2013.
Her future endeavors
Image Credit: Movie – Viswasam
The journey has, in fact, just begun for the actress. She has finished shooting for Kolamavu Kokila. And she will also appear in a psychological thriller by Arivazhagan. In addition to that she is all set to act in Viswasam opposite Ajith Kumar in the lead directed by Siva. This is the fourth time they will share the screen and we surely are very eager to watch this.
Nayanthara is also going to star in a solo film, that is an emotional horror, to be directed by Sarjun KM, who shot to fame after his short films Lakshmi and Maa. She may also be starring opposite Kamal Haasan in Indian 2 by Shankar.
Her upcoming filmography is very engaging. Given her eclectic and super versatile background in South Indian cinema, you’d miss out on a lot if you don’t watch any of these. Here’s wishing Nayanthara luck for her upcoming projects.
Read Also: After Rajini & Haasan, These Young South Indian Actors Continue To Win Hearts In Bollywood
The post Nayanthara To Pair Ajith Kumar For The Fourth Time appeared first on HotFridayTalks.
This post first appeared on News, Lifestyle And Entertainment Hangout - HotFridayTalks, please read the originial post: here