The first thing you see outside your window these days looks like a misty, cloudy thing, but, sadly, chances are, it’sthe smog (!), that extremely unhealthy gift we gave ourselves after our blatant disregard of mother nature (we are the only ones to blame, even as you shake your head in disappointment).
Statistics have shown an increase in the patients checking in for Breathing problems and you too may have felt that heaviness when breathing. I recently came back from a camping trip on the hills and the moment I entered the limits of Mumbai, I could feel it in my breathing.
This increase in air pollution has increased the asthma or breathing related issues and many people are now using an Inhaler.
8 things to remember while using an inhaler
Inhalers can be of different types and may use different medications depending on your condition. If you have to use an inhaler or know a loved one who does, make sure to keep the following things in mind.
- Share your complete medical history with your doctor, including any health issue you have had in the past, even if you feel it has nothing to do with your breathing.
- Mention anyone in the family who may have breathing issues.
“Leonard Hofstadter in The Big Bang Theory uses his inhaler when he’s anxious or excited”
- If you have recently had any contagious disease or infection, mention it.
- INFORM YOUR DOCTOR if you are planning on conceiving or know that you are pregnant.
- Mention any over the counter or other medication you are currently taking, including any supplements.
- Always store your inhaler in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight. It should not get too cold or in freezing mode.
- If you miss a dose, take it when you remember and space out eventual doses accordingly.
- Do not share an inhaler. Your medication and dosage will be specific to your condition. What works for someone else may not work for you, and vice versa.
Feeling short of breath?
Sit comfortably, purse your lips to make an ‘O’ and very slowly exhale and inhale. This will help your breathing to return to its normal pace.
Read Also: What Is Anxiety And How To Get Rid Of It?
DISCLAIMER: While we have taken steps to check the accuracy of information & practices shared here; it is not a replacement for a doctor’s opinion. it is important to first always check with your own doctor before trying any medication, practice or suggestion from this site.
The post What Precaution Is To Be Taken While Using Inhaler appeared first on HotFridayTalks.
This post first appeared on News, Lifestyle And Entertainment Hangout - HotFridayTalks, please read the originial post: here