Roku Mobile App Cannot Find My Roku Device
The Roku Mobile App is free app for iOS & Android devices that turn mobile devices into control center for Roku Streaming Player.
The advantage of this app is to choose Roku Player from discovery screen that show when you first launch the Roku Mobile App.
My Roku player does not show on discovery screen
If your Roku player does not show in discovery screen list there are some reasons are below:
- Your Roku player & your mobile device are not connected to same wireless network.
- You Roku player using public IP address.
- You can find IP address by visiting “Settings”.
- Then, go to “Network” option.
- This is the most common reason when router not installed on your network.
- Please install router to manage IP address
- You can contact your ISP or person who able to manage network.
- Hope so your issues are solve properly.
- Make sure, if you Roku device has enabled with AP isolation, you have to disable it first.
- One more thing that you have to check, your mobile device should not be connected to VPN (Virtual Private Network) service.
If still, you are facing issues then you can try another method.
- Check bottom of Discovery screen.
- Tap on “Connect Manually”.
- Enter IP address by visit Settings > Network option on your Roku device.
- Then, restart your Roku player.
- Then, check your Roku player is connected with correct wireless network.
- Restart Roku Mobile App by following these step:
- If you have iOS devices, then double click “iOs Home” button.
- Swipe Roku app to close.
- After that, tap on “Roku Mobile App” icon to launch.
- If you have Android devices, press “Recents” button.
- Again swipe to close it.
- Then again tap on “Roku Mobile App” icon to launch.
- Many routers utilize two signals to give better speed & coverage.
- This type of devices referred to “Dual Band Routers”.
- These devices transmit data up to 4 GHz at lower.
- And also transmit data up to 5 GHz.
- When connect devices with wireless network, you have choice to connect more than one network with similar name e.g.: Mynetwork2.4GHz, Mynetwork5GHz and etc.
- Then, confirm that your device & your mobile device are connecting to same band and network name also.
The post Roku Mobile App Cannot Find My Roku Device appeared first on Roku Activation Link.